Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello guys !

First of all sorry in advance for my poor english, french ridder here !
I had my licence in december 2019 and bought my Honda Rebel on February 2020.
She was all stock (the one with red tank) but I started to customise her quickly !

Current state of my bike, more informations below (updated 23/11/2020) :

20201111_163030.jpg

What I have done at the moment :

- Fender : I bought front and rear H2C fender (pretty hard to find !) and painted those part with the same metallic black color as the engine.

- Licence plate : moved on the left, it is pretty small and had a small led to light the plate.

- Light : Put on a grid on the front light, and installed a cool set of light
- Front : Have a permanence white color for position and a nice amber-orange color for blinker​
- Rear : Same light as front but do position, brake and blinker all in one. They are directly fixed on the rear fender.​
- Added a relay to get the normal speed blink again (default with led)​

- Seat : Bought a red leather one (picture below) but I don't put it on at the moment, I'll paint the tank in the same metallic black as mentionned.
Capture.PNG

- Tank : I'll paint it with the same black metallic color, again ! And I'll put two red (same as the seat) leather band vertically on it.

- Handlebar : I'll buy the straight one from H2C and put mirrors below.

- Wheels : I'll add a red edging on both rims, and put the Pirelli Night Dragon tires (I'll paint white the letters on it)

- Exhaut : Siamsilver 99 dual exhaust (amazing sound !) and used some thermic band on the line

I have more things done and to do but they're minors... I'll add more photos when my little bobber will grow a little more !

20200516_143925.jpg 20200822_180248.jpg 20200822_180404.jpg 20200822_180412.jpg

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hello !

Even if the tank is not painted at the moment, I start to work on the handlebar area
What's planned :
  • New Handlebar from H2C (more straight)
  • I'm still searching for good looking mirros to fit under the handlebar
  • I just bought a speedometer relocation (the last one avaible on webike !)

I'll add the speedometer relocator when i'll get the handlebar and mirros but here are some photos to have an idea :
Capture1.PNG Capture.PNG Capture2.PNG

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hello guys !
It seems my project doesn't interest many people but well, I'm proud of it so let me tell you ! 😀

I changed my exhaut (previous one was a siamsilver 99) for a new Vance & hines (not approved in france) :
The sound is still loud, i love it ! but it is less mind-numbing when you're in high rpm, perfect !

20201112_125113.jpg

The tank color actually swaped to black (dark'nred project is full black at the moment !) and i made big change with the handlebar area :
  • Swaped the stock one for a dragbar (H2C)
  • put mirrors below the handlebar
  • relocated the speedo to the left side
Here are some picture of the actual state of my bike :

20201111_163030.jpg 20201112_125126.jpg 20201111_163021.jpg 20201112_125120.jpg

A photo to show you the "view" you get with this dragbar :

20201111_163048.jpg

Next steps :

- I have to put some red parts now ! I already got the seat, i have to find how to make a good looking red leather band to put on the tank. I'll put a tiny red strip around the tires...

If you have any questions, feel free to ask !

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello !
I didn't install it yet but yes it is good. Just keep in mind that in reality the seat is less bright and a few vermillon. But it is still good !
It was hard to find but here is the link, saddly it is not avaible anymore :
My red seat
I found an alternative quite the same, but maybe it has less the "leather visual"
Alternative

·
Registered
22 Posts
Great, thank you Toine. . . I love the alternative. It's on my Christmas list. I'll post a photo when I get it x

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have ordered the bright red saddle, and some nice new red and black luggage.
Photos will follow, but I've been banned from seeing it until Dec 25th! x

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Elks Bells said:
I have ordered the bright red saddle, and some nice new red and black luggage.
Photos will follow, but I've been banned from seeing it until Dec 25th! x
That's a nice present waiting for you ! 😀

Otroo said:
Looks good keep up the good work man.
Thank you ! There is still a lot of work but I'm pretty proud of its actual look !

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello guys !
It seems my project doesn't interest many people but well, I'm proud of it so let me tell you ! 😀

I changed my exhaut (previous one was a siamsilver 99) for a new Vance & hines (not approved in france) :
The sound is still loud, i love it ! but it is less mind-numbing when you're in high rpm, perfect !

View attachment 33289

The tank color actually swaped to black (dark'nred project is full black at the moment !) and i made big change with the handlebar area :
  • Swaped the stock one for a dragbar (H2C)
  • put mirrors below the handlebar
  • relocated the speedo to the left side
Here are some picture of the actual state of my bike :

View attachment 33290 View attachment 33291 View attachment 33292 View attachment 33293

A photo to show you the "view" you get with this dragbar :

View attachment 33294

Next steps :

- I have to put some red parts now ! I already got the seat, i have to find how to make a good looking red leather band to put on the tank. I'll put a tiny red strip around the tires...

If you have any questions, feel free to ask !
Just seen your post, looks great! Really love that rear fender. I’d like to do that to my R500s. Keep posting updates.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Elks Bells said:
Delivered today by DHL.
Couldn't wait until Christmas - thank you Toine.
I just need to do something with the pillion footpeg brackets!
Looks cool ! But i prefere with a few more red on the bike, in my case i wait to put red strip on the tank/fender and tire, then i'll put the red seat !
Does the quality of this seat is good ? Is it more/less confortable than the stock seat ?

Jaamin said:
Just seen your post, looks great! Really love that rear fender. I’d like to do that to my R500s. Keep posting updates.
Hello and thank you ! This fender is made by the brand H2C, it's not manufactured anymore and it is pretty hard/expenssive to find now, maybe you can fin one on ebay for 500-600$ but it is really too much expenssive... Btw the quality is really good ! Full aluminium with all part necessary to put it on your bike.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Looks cool ! But i prefere with a few more red on the bike, in my case i wait to put red strip on the tank/fender and tire, then i'll put the red seat !
Does the quality of this seat is good ? Is it more/less confortable than the stock seat ?

Hello and thank you ! This fender is made by the brand H2C, it's not manufactured anymore and it is pretty hard/expenssive to find now, maybe you can fin one on ebay for 500-600$ but it is really too much expenssive... Btw the quality is really good ! Full aluminium with all part necessary to put it on your bike.
Hi Toine.
It's not leather - but yes it looks great!
I haven't ridden it yet to test for comfort but I'll update you soon.
I've got nice red and black luggage to add.
Looking forward to seeing pictures of your finished bike.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts