Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, i am new here and today we started with my first mod, coming from a little island its near impossible to find parts and anything from thailand takes waaaay too long, so had to come up with something and thought i'd share :)
we tested one exhaust and it sounds awesome!! cant wait to get it up and running, should be ready tomorrow but for now this is it -
What do you think ?

Attachments

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it was split after the cat, right were the stock exhaust comes off. since its a new bike didn't want to make any major mods to it just yet and thought i would try this. Haven't seen anything like it around yet, it's just a custom slip on system.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I know we have discussed a bike a while back here, that also had dual that was split at the cat. But I've got no clue what the name of that thread was..
Did find another one thou, among my documents in regards of the Rebel:
At least you have the decency of not adding yet another stock muffler, because I have seen that.. *shivers*

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I know we have discussed a bike a while back here, that also had dual that was split at the cat. But I've got no clue what the name of that thread was..
Did find another one thou, among my documents in regards of the Rebel:
At least you have the decency of not adding yet another stock muffler, because I have seen that.. *shivers*
I love the reverse cone megaphones ala Norton.

Kenny G

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Just picked her up tonight and she sounds and runs great, really purrs, not obnoxiously loud but just right and they will hear me rumbling down. will get some more pics and a better video up tomorrow but for now here are the updates :))

https://vimeo.com/254749361/d699bcc82a

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Wow, I was proposing it previously here http://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5697

I'm glad somebody actually made it! Looking very nice!

Did you think about getting rid of catalytic converter/O2 sensor and connect it directly?

I asked my local dealer here in UK who is also doing MOT, and he said that it will still pass MOT, they don't check emission.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Well done with the fab work.
Curious as to the drivability of it being heavily unequal pipes .
Thats a no no in the auto world .
Unknown of it having ill effects with motors though .

·
Registered
203 Posts
@jmc, can you make a picture from a side of whole bike?

What do you think, is it possible to make exhaust straight like in triumph bobber ?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Hey, yes i did think about it but i am going to wait a little as the bike is only a few months old.... but eventually that's the plan.
At the moment she is really running well. It seems to even pick up speed a little faster than before :) and the sound is just epic!
we have had some really crappy weather as soon as it clears up a little will get some final pics up and another video. Just looking forward to placing the number plate and brake light to the left side as i really don't like the big red brick and indicators very much... just waiting for the parts to arrive

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yes sure :) i will post a pic this week, been a little busy with work and have had some really crappy weather so once it clears up will snap a few pics and make a litte video

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well done with the fab work.
Curious as to the drivability of it being heavily unequal pipes .
Thats a no no in the auto world .
Unknown of it having ill effects with motors though .
The rideability is the same as before really don't notice the difference

·
Registered
814 Posts
Just curious, but isn't that done wrong? Shouldn't the mufflers be the exact same length? Adding that second pipe with that extension would surely make one side sound different than the other at the least.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Just curious, but isn't that done wrong? Shouldn't the mufflers be the exact same length? Adding that second pipe with that extension would surely make one side sound different than the other at the least.
They both sound the same and also the flow is the same on either side. The way we achieved this was to make the hole on the right side in the inside of the pipes leading to the muffler smaller so it would flow better to both sides :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts