Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The seat came in and it’s looks even better then I thought once I put it on the bike. Very easy to do. Took about 5 minutes and done. Took a nice 4 hour ride and all I can say is WOW it really is worth the money. Very comfortable compared to the stock seat. Did some other things to the bike while I was at it. Put on the H2C risers from Zeed. They fit perfect and get the bars in a great place I feel more relaxed while riding. Found some some clear lenses on eBay for the front and rear blinkers. Also these red spike screws to replace the stock screws on the windscreen. Last but not least I finally took off those **** safety labels on the gas tank. Looks so much better without them. Only thing that bothers me is the chrome bolts that the risers come with but I’ll replace those this week with black ones just need to hit the hardware store. Next thing I want to do is paint this gas cap black because I hate looking down at that grey cap. I found a black replacement but I didn’t want to spend the money on it so I’ll try painting the original first and if it don’t come out good then I’ll buy the aftermarket cap. Anyway here’s some pics.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
I used a heat gun to heat up the labels some then they were easier to peel off. The leftover glue that was still on the tank I used goo gone to remove.
Does the gas tank need to be empty before applying the heat gun?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk

·
Registered
868 Posts
Does the gas tank need to be empty before applying the heat gun?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
No it's not super hot. at least if you use a hair dryer. I've done that method before, but on my rebel i didn't heat up at all, just peeled off whatever could be removed by hand and used 'Goo Gone' on the leftover bits.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
[/quote]Does the gas tank need to be empty before applying the heat gun?

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Nope didn’t empty my tank. Like Odin said the tank won’t get hot and you might be able to peel it off without the heat. It was a cool day here and my label started to tare so I heated them to loosen the glue. Only took about a minute of heat to come off. And like Twizz said I heard wd40 works just as good a goo gone.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts