Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
After a Motolordd/zaa seat a year or so ago and trying to modify it for my bad back...I finally pulled the trigger on a Corbin saddle. I'm in San Francisco and hadn't realized Corbin was only 90 miles away in Hollister and could do a custom seat! Got my appointment, road down there and was totally worth it. One reason I'd been hesitant is I didn't like how tall and fat the passenger portion of Corbin saddle was in proportion to the smaller Rebel. But if you go to Corbin they can trim it down and that's what I did.

Overall, Julio who did the fitting, was awesome and with just a couple adjustments, built out the seat just how I needed it and then took care of the passenger portion. He got it perfectly level with the OEM luggage rack, which I use a lot, so now it's even sturdier for large cargo and baggage with this seat. When you're there you can pick any material and stitching patterns, then they make it all to order. Pretty slick.

If you're within a decent radius of Corbin, it's worth it.

With my Michelin Commander II's, the rear suspension on setting 3 and this seat the bike feels great over bumps and dips now.

P.S. I'll be selling my Motolordd/zaa seat in another post soon if you're interested.

20200910_134905.jpg 20200910_134900.jpg 20200910_134619.jpg 20200910_134601.jpg

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ah, that's so much better. I was talking to a distributor here in Canada and they also told me they could custom order the reduced thickness - that has been my biggest problem with the Corbin. How thick did you make the passenger portion?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Alright @Ideefixe - If you look at the last photo of the whole bike from the side, I measured from where the passenger seat curves up to where it stays level for about 1/3 of the rear fender. It was about 2.5" to the seam where the quilted leather on to begins. Then that puffed up another 1/8" or so. Hope that helps.

Ah, that's so much better. I was talking to a distributor here in Canada and they also told me they could custom order the reduced thickness - that has been my biggest problem with the Corbin. How thick did you make the passenger portion?

·
Registered
2017 Honda Rebel 300 CMX300a
71 Posts
Wow! That looks fantastic! Did they charge extra for the custom fitting?

yeah, your passenger seat looks WAY better than their stock version. Did they happen to mention why they make the passenger seat so thick?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Alright @Ideefixe - If you look at the last photo of the whole bike from the side, I measured from where the passenger seat curves up to where it stays level for about 1/3 of the rear fender. It was about 2.5" to the seam where the quilted leather on to begins. Then that puffed up another 1/8" or so. Hope that helps.
Thank you for the measurements! When I spoke to the distributor I was asking if 2.5" was possible, so it's great to see an actual seat with that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts