Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Coolant Leak. Help

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  CMX500 
#1 ·
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Carbon Rim

Hi Guys,
First post here.
My Rebel 500 2017 (16000km) seems to be leaking coolant as seen in the pictures. Coolant level in the reserve tank is fine. Leak doesn’t seem to be severe, as I let the bike run for a while and didn’t see anything come out. I think the dried up coolant might actually be sealing the leak - but I imagine that won’t last for long. Is this just a matter of replacing seals? If so, how would I find the part numbers for those?
should I avoid riding the bike?
Any help is really appreciated. Sorry if this has been answered before, I’ve seen threads with coolant leaks, but none from the same place as this.

See less See more
#2 ·
If you were me, you would just clean up the dried coolant and keep an eye on it. That doesn't seem severe enough for me to stop riding. If you see more leaking you can start to predict when it will leak based on riding behavior and weather (did you go fast, was it hot?). Then you know when it will leak and can look more carefully to see where it's coming from. It may be a clamp that needs a tweak or it may stop leaking altogether as you said - sealing itself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.