Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Cool new seat!!!

3K views 7 replies 7 participants last post by  dunf 
#1 ·
its pretty nice, lady put some memory foam in there and it makes it better but not as squishy as i wanted. she def did a really good job though. I ordered a brand new stock seat for this so I'm hoping in a 1000 miles or so it will get a little better if not what i want by 2,000 miles I'll be joining the Corbin group. i feel like the lady also ripped me off a little but its whatever i just wanted to try her out. $175 for 1/2 in of memory foam, this cool new leather, and a nice stiching pattern around the back of it. Def sort of a rip off but I'm still happy with it. OH! also got a cool little smokin' alien to keep me some company on the road.

first photo is on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville NC

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
well the lady i went to actually would add any other foam other then the memory foam she added. and like i said i gave her a brand new never used seat to reupholster so I'm hoping it will break in and get squishier over time. I asked her to add two lays of it and she just wouldn't do it (which sort of pissed me off a little to be honest) so yeah go for an inch!!!! that's what i originally wanted. she just kept saying it will be to bulky and i literally said but that's what i want? and she just wouldn't do it... it does look great so i was happy, but idk isn't the customer always right?

#8 ·
We did the same thing. New seat bought specifically for upholstering. Absolutely delighted with it. We’ve just got back from a 1600 mile trip over 12 days around Ireland and the wife hasn’t had any problems at all. The stock seat she couldn’t do more than 50 miles without butt ache.

We had all the stock foam removed and replaced with the same thickness but more dense foam. The stock foam isn’t firm enough. I know it feels firm but that’s because your butt is bottoming out (pardon the pun).

Cost was very cheap but the upholsterer is a mate of mine so it’s not fair to compare.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.