Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning, I connected a USB charger to the front head light and it works if the contact is on, but when I turn on the engine the usb the mobile phone charges intermittently.
This is the USB charger that I installed.

Did anyone have the same problem?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
429 Posts
There’s a OEM for Honda rebel that is guaranteed to work properly. Includes instructions. U may also look at the instructions and see if you did install it correctly.
Instructions https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08U71-K87-A30.pdf
link for OEM

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There’s a OEM for Honda rebel that is guaranteed to work properly. Includes instructions. U may also look at the instructions and see if you did install it correctly.
Instructions https://cdn.powersports.honda.com/documentum/MW01/08U71-K87-A30.pdf
link for OEM
Yes, I Iooked the instructions for the 2018 model and the conmection goes in the headlight to the green and purple wires.

·
Registered
209 Posts
Yes, I Iooked the instructions for the 2018 model and the conmection goes in the headlight to the green and purple wires.
usb red wire to bikes purple wire?
usb black wire to bikes green wire?

·
Registered
426 Posts
Well there is a couple things to make note of: If you followed that link above, you did not connect the USB unit to the headlight wiring, you connected it to the aux. port located in the headlight bucket. Next is you say something flickers, what flickers? Did you just push the connector as is on the USB into the aux. port? Did it fit snug and propper? Did you use the full pigtail with fuse or just the business end? Flickering/intermittent contact generally indicates a loose connection somewhere, I'd be willing to bet thats your problem.

·
Registered
209 Posts
yes....whether you used a HM090 connector or soldered/heat shrink wrapped the wires do you have a good connection? With the key on and you wiggle the connection can you reproduce the intermittent charging or flicker?

·
Registered
26 Posts
That usb charger is not a good one. Many problems with it if using an apple phone. Have changed them out with different one and works better.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hello guys, sorry for not answering, I've been really busy.
The wiring was correct, but there was a problem with the charger, I recevied a new one and works like a charm.

Thanks for your help

1 - 9 of 9 Posts