Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In need of advice. I recently bought a Rebel 500 and I’m looking at 2 different exhaust. I’m stuck between a Coffman and Musarri. I’m leaning towards the Coffman but I’m having an issue with it being close to the passenger pegs. Does anyone know if the Coffman would be a problem with someone riding with? since the exhaust is right below it. Or would a Musarri be a better choice? Thanks everyone!

Btw **Noob mistake** Does anyone know how to change the username? I think I accidentally put my email address. Fail haha

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I can see your concern with the coffman, due to it's size and angle. But at the same time, it would primarily be an "issue" when standing still. A passenger would never notice it when driving around.
Don't think you'd notice much to it at standstill either, it's not like the bike is spewing out fumes either.
And besides, you'll probably be driving a lot more solo than with a passenger the whole time, so I'd go with what the heart desires :)

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have the Musarri Muffler on my Rebel 500 and it works fine and sounds like a British Sports Car.

When I purchased the muffler it was just a temporary setup until Vance & Hines or another of the name brands comes out with a muffler for the Rebel.

My only objection to the Musarri is the muffler doesn't look like it belongs on the Rebel. Oh well.

Kenny G

1 - 6 of 6 Posts