Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Just thought I would post the Mods I've done to my CMX500 Rebel 2017.
So far I have wrapped the exhaust (Poorly, will re-do once I have time), put a LED bulb in the headlight, custom indicators, custom tail light, grill for headlight, removed the passenger add-ons, removed the stickers and plasti dipped the bike Matte Black.

Mirror Under handlebar mount: I used the original mirrors however just purchased clamp adapters which were fitted in between the grips and the clutch/brake lever (I had to loosen these and move them enough so the adapters would fit. I didn't want to leave the original threads empty so I put a couple of m10 black hex bolts in to keep water and dirt out. (These are slightly too long, would recommend a shorter variant)
Plastic Grill: This was super easy to fit, it comes with sticky tape on the inside so just peel off and attach.

Removed the passenger seat and foot pedals:
The pedals were easy to remove so was the seat. They just required some allen keys. The left side it's easy to remove the entire foot rest mechanism and bars, however on the right side I just removed the pegs as the bars are holding the muffler in place. I do plan on getting a simple bar to hold the exhaust in place eventually.

Fender(Mudguard) / Gas Tank Repaint:
I decided to fill the holes from the passenger seat to have a nice smooth rear fender/mudguard. I used the hole filler from Super Cheap auto which was easy to use, then just some sand paper to smooth it over.
The tank I had to peel off the stickers (They are under a layer of clear coat, probably would avoid removing these).
Then just used Plasti Dip to spray the tank and fender matte black.

Will post links to the items if requested. And will continue the mods on the next thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Continuing on from where I left off with the repaint of the tank and rear fender:

Next I changed the rear brake light and indicators:
This was difficult and I had to make some mounts for it to work.
I purchased a sheet of galv steel then just cut the desired shapes I wanted for the tail light/ number plate and for the indicators.
I also had to cut the wire harness and splice this to get the lights working. make sure I had the lights working I just turned the bike on and touched the wires together until I had the desired functionality.

Next I plan to fix up the front indicators, fit fork protectors and gaiters.
Will upload pictures when I do this.

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
Continuing on from where I left off with the repaint of the tank and rear fender:
View attachment 31119
View attachment 31116 View attachment 31117 View attachment 31118

Next I changed the rear brake light and indicators:
This was difficult and I had to make some mounts for it to work.
I purchased a sheet of galv steel then just cut the desired shapes I wanted for the tail light/ number plate and for the indicators.
I also had to cut the wire harness and splice this to get the lights working. make sure I had the lights working I just turned the bike on and touched the wires together until I had the desired functionality.
View attachment 31121 View attachment 31122

View attachment 31123

Next I plan to fix up the front indicators, fit fork protectors and gaiters.
Will upload pictures when I do this.
Bike looks great, where did you purchase the handle bars.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts