Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can you fine folk please help me understand the differences between these model designations? I keep running into these labels when I'm hunting for items for my 2018 Honda Rebel 500 ABS and it confuses me as to which I actually have.

Thank you in advance for your help!

(I reviewed the various forums and this seemed to fit the best. If I have posted incorrectly, forgive me)

·
Registered
135 Posts
It's not an exhaustive list, but here's some of the deliniations

2018 Rebel Model Options / Prices:
2018 Rebel 500 Price / MSRP – TBA
(Model ID: CMX500J)
2018 Rebel 500 ABS Price / MSRP – TBA
(Model ID: CMX500AJ) ABS = Anti-Lock Brakes
2018 Rebel 300 Price / MSRP – TBA
(Model ID: CMX300J)
2018 Rebel 300 ABS Price / MSRP – TBA
(Model ID: CMX300AJ) ABS = Anti-Lock Brakes

This might be helpful too
https://www.motorcyclespareparts.eu/en/honda-parts/honda-model-prefix

·
Registered
674 Posts
According to the repair manual the cmx500 with the A designation model does not have antilock brake system, or an evap canister, or passenger seat. The AC model has the evap canister, no abs and no passenger seat. The CM model has the passenger seat. The CMX 500A with the AC designation has antilock brakes, evap canister and no passenger seat. The CMX500A with that CM designation has ABS, a passenger seat but no evap canister.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Also muddy this up just a little more, the destination codes are as follows A is the 49th state designation code AC is the 50 state meets California and the CM is Canada.

·
Super Moderator
1,119 Posts
Mine has ABS with a model number of CMX500A on the bike. Are the model labels country specific?
not sure - there seems to be more going on with j's and h's - some said m was canada so it seems so

i think it doesn't matter much - a and c means you have extra parts but i don't think the base is changed at all

EU bound bikes will have headlights aimed left instead of right

1 - 14 of 14 Posts