Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sup Everyone!?

This has been driving me bonkers for the last few weeks. The issue is that the clutch lever on my Rebel 300 sits too loosely in the housing, so when I hit certain RPMs it begins to buzz like crazy.

The cable tension is set correctly, not the issue. The nut and bolt are secured properly, not the issue. Currently, I'm having to keep a finger or two on the clutch lever just to get some relief from the buzzing.

It's not a serious issue...not sure it's an issue at all, actually. It's just a minor annoyance that I'd like to alleviate if possible. Has anyone dealt with this before? Any suggestions? Really any ideas would be of help, thanks to everyone!

-Ryan

·
Registered
814 Posts
Sup Everyone!?

This has been driving me bonkers for the last few weeks. The issue is that the clutch lever on my Rebel 300 sits too loosely in the housing, so when I hit certain RPMs it begins to buzz like crazy.

The cable tension is set correctly, not the issue. The nut and bolt are secured properly, not the issue. Currently, I'm having to keep a finger or two on the clutch lever just to get some relief from the buzzing.

It's not a serious issue...not sure it's an issue at all, actually. It's just a minor annoyance that I'd like to alleviate if possible. Has anyone dealt with this before? Any suggestions? Really any ideas would be of help, thanks to everyone!

-Ryan
The only fix would be to get a nylon washer that was very thin and use it as a shim.

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
Sup Everyone!?

-Ryan
If it were me I would try filling that gap with a piece of vibration absorbing material like plumbers sheet gasket. If that's too think I would cut a piece of plastic from a cottage cheese tub or similar. You won't need much to fill the space.

·
Registered
712 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
mis-matched factory levers

Has anyone noticed the factory clutch and front brake levers are mis-matched. I've never seen this on a factory bike. I'm guessing old school clutch lever carried over from the CB Rebel reign, and a newly designed brake lever/reservoir assy for the new CMX.

The clutch lever is longer and sticks out further from the handlebar. It's obviously a different shape. I can get all four fingers on the brake lever without reaching, but to get all four fingers onto the clutch lever requires a little extra effort. Pinky doesn't quite make the reach.

I'm replacing the factory clutch lever with a full length adjustable C5 ASV, shown at bottom. The ASV is a near perfect match to the front brake lever in shape and length.

Attachments

1 - 8 of 8 Posts