Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I just picked up a 2017 500 non ABS... came from a 05' 250.
Rode it home from dealer today, noticed it seems to make a loud clunking sound when shifting into 1st or any downshifting.
It has 1500mi on it.
Is this just user error?
I'll admit my old 250 wasnt as smooth to shift... am i already beating the crap out of this thing too?!

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Thanks guys! Makes me feel alot better and saved me from sounding like a complete idiot to the dealer....
Yeah now you've just shared it on the internet instead and thus the whole world can laugh of you instead.
Just joking, this is what forums are for! There is never a stupid question, we all start learning by asking.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
:grin2: and the internet is FOREVER!
Yeah now you've just shared it on the internet instead and thus the whole world can laugh of you instead.
Just joking, this is what forums are for! There is never a stupid question, we all start learning by asking.

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey guys I just picked up a 2017 500 non ABS... came from a 05' 250.
Rode it home from dealer today, noticed it seems to make a loud clunking sound when shifting into 1st or any downshifting.
It has 1500mi on it.
Is this just user error?
I'll admit my old 250 wasnt as smooth to shift... am i already beating the crap out of this thing too?!
Normal. Nothing to be worried about. To minimise that clunking sound, there's a specific sweet spot - Certain RPM and speed (about 20-22km/h). The gear changes within this sweet spot - can hardly hear any clunking sound.

That's based on my Rebel 500 ABS.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts