Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Chain adjuster spool & stand kit

13K views 16 replies 8 participants last post by  petegilbride 
#1 ·
As I believe' it's not possible to use a paddock stand with the stock exhaust on. (correct me if I'm wrong) I'm wondering if something like the example pics below is available for a circular swingarm that could fit the Rebel.

Anyone know of such a thing, or maybe it's just "too early days yet".

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Twizzian ,

The guys that have Racers and Sports Bikes use Spools as shown in your pics to lift their bikes to work on them.

As you mention it is probably to early for any manufacturer to produce Spools for the Rebel.

I am going to look around and see if I can find a way to adapt existing Spools to the Rebel.

Kenny G

#10 ·
I got some bad news :(

The exhaust still gets in the way when I try and prop it up. I was able to somehow manage to lift the bike because i seriously needed to clean and lube my chain, but dont think I will be using this anymore.

I have to go through the hassle of returning it now, although i dont think that will be a problem as the lady said i have 30 days to return it.

The search for a stand continues!

#14 ·
I posted this elsewhere, hope it helps someone!

No place to mount spools! I'm going to try an available stand soon but feel some modifications may be necessary because of how low the exhaust pipe sits.

However I purchased this "Motorcycle wheel cleaning stand" from Harbor Freight, here in the USA. It has two rollers and actually works quite well for chain cleaning and lubrication tasks.

Please check out the thumbnail photo, and here's a link to the product web page. Mine only cost me about $22' US $, plus tax.

(Here is the product hyperlink):

https://m.harborfreight.com/motorcycle-wheel-cleaning-stand-98800.html

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.