Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed a T-Rex racing center stand on my 500, it's a slightly revised stand than the one shown on the you-tube video. It was easy to install, well built and works as advertised, it will make oil checking and chain lubing easy and since I change my own oil and tires this thing is a must have item for me.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I have the new redesigned center stand for the 300, it works well, old design didn't. But I think T Rex is a good company to deal with.

I apologize for cutting into this thread.
But since I no longer am able to find a way to start new treads. I must leave this forum.
I will say it has been a very informative forum.
But navigating it to post new threads is not good. there should be a new thread button at the top of the page once signed in, I have never found it. I was just fortunate enough to find a new thread button when on other treads at times to post the threads I did, mostly by accident.
I hope you all do well and again I apologize for cutting in on someone else's thread for this purpose. But I couldn't find a way to post a thread about brake pedal and lug boots, so I'm done.

I have been on many forums for many different bikes, but this is the worst forum to navigate I have been on.

Today is all you have, go out and ride

Ride and be free

·
Registered
114 Posts
But since I no longer am able to find a way to start new treads. I must leave this forum.
But navigating it to post new threads is not good. there should be a new thread button at the top of the page once signed in, I have never found it. I was just fortunate enough to find a new thread button when on other treads at times to post the threads I did, mostly by accident.
I hope you all do well and again I apologize for cutting in on someone else's thread for this purpose. But I couldn't find a way to post a thread about brake pedal and lug boots, so I'm done.

I have been on many forums for many different bikes, but this is the worst forum to navigate I have been on.

Ride and be free

There's a button literally at the top of each section that says "Post New Thread". You have to be in the section you want it posted to of course. To do you that you hover over "Forums" and the drop down opens. You're likely going to be posting in the "Honda Rebel Forum 3rd generation", "issues and problems" or the "tech section" if you're posting about lug boots and brake pedals. You hover over those sections and then choose the forum that you want your thread to be in. When you're in that section that's when "Post New Thread" shows up at the top. You can't just be in the New Posts tab or Active Forums tab. You need to be in an actual section to create a thread.

Attachments

·
Registered
437 Posts
I have the new redesigned center stand for the 300, it works well, old design didn't. But I think T Rex is a good company to deal with.

Ride and be free

Wait, you say, you don't have this "post new thread" button?

Attachments

·
Registered
114 Posts
I don't have the post new thread button.
There is a reply button where you show post new thread button
But what is it replying to? If you're not in a thread, there's nothing to reply to. If you're in a section of the forum the button should change. Like us viewing this thread. It shows a reply button at the top because we're already in a thread. If you're looking at this thread, click the greyed out "What did you do to your 2017+ Honda Rebel Today" right under where your subscriptions link is. That will then show the section where you can make a thread. Can you screenshot what you're seeing because it doesn't make sense? The forum shouldn't just abruptly show up differently for one individual. It's all coded exactly the same for everyone. I can see having an issue when using a phone versus a computer as they're coded different for the smaller screen, but if you're on a computer you should be seeing what I, and everyone else, is seeing.

·
Registered
209 Posts
There's a button literally at the top of each section that says "Post New Thread". You have to be in the section you want it posted to of course. To do you that you hover over "Forums" and the drop down opens. You're likely going to be posting in the "Honda Rebel Forum 3rd generation", "issues and problems" or the "tech section" if you're posting about lug boots and brake pedals. You hover over those sections and then choose the forum that you want your thread to be in. When you're in that section that's when "Post New Thread" shows up at the top. You can't just be in the New Posts tab or Active Forums tab. You need to be in an actual section to create a thread.

That one works

Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I just realized there is an older thread on the T-Rex center stand, I'm glad I didn't read it before I ordered mine. They have modified it and one stand fits them all, with or without ABS and either 300 or 500. Once again, it went on easy and works great. I'm not a shill, but this stand is much better than the earlier version from what I've read on the older thread.

·
Registered
209 Posts
I just realized there is an older thread on the T-Rex center stand, I'm glad I didn't read it before I ordered mine. They have modified it and one stand fits them all, with or without ABS and either 300 or 500. Once again, it went on easy and works great. I'm not a shill, but this stand is much better than the earlier version from what I've read on the older thread.
I had the older center stand and the bike leaned to the left, even after being sent a replacement bottom section.
Then I returned all the parts and received a new design that works well.
I hope others looking for a center stand will see this and no there is a new version that works.
T Rex seems to be a good company.

I have a slight issue with the floorboards, but that is another story. They do work, but could be changed slightly to make them better.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah, I'd hate to see some one miss out on a good product now that it's been refined, I understand the bad feelings about the early version though.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Maybe you could add your new review/opinion to that thread. Or at least update it to say that the new version is improved on the old. That way if anyone goes to that thread instead of this one they'd be aware.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I had the older center stand and the bike leaned to the left, even after being sent a replacement bottom section.
Then I returned all the parts and received a new design that works well.
I hope others looking for a center stand will see this and no there is a new version that works.
T Rex seems to be a good company.

I have a slight issue with the floorboards, but that is another story. They do work, but could be changed slightly to make them better.
I was wondering what yer issue is with the floorboards, I just installed them. In the installation video it shows two set screws on the side but they are not on the ones I received. so they kind of angle down with no way to adjust it. Thanks Jim

1 - 18 of 18 Posts