Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
868 Posts
I just checked their site, looks solidly built. plus the install video is very nicely done. however you can get a rear paddock stand for 1/4 that price to work on your bike.
Unless you just want a center stand because you'd rather use one instead of the side stand.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Wow. I was very disappointed when I bought the bike then found out I couldn’t get one. This is something I wanted from day 1. Order placed. Thanks for the heads up!!!

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I just checked their site, looks solidly built. plus the install video is very nicely done. however you can get a rear paddock stand for 1/4 that price to work on your bike.
Unless you just want a center stand because you'd rather use one instead of the side stand.
Odin,

Do you have a link to the center Stand?

I would purchase one if they are available.

Kenny G:surprise:

·
Registered
121 Posts
One way to get a center stand for the 471cc bike:

Unfortunately, it doesn't say Rebel on it and has UJM ergonomics.

·
Registered
190 Posts
Guy 66,

I will see if I can find them I am only about 45 minutes from Dallas.

Kenny

Hi Kenny,
If you have the chance, would you please verify that subject center stand will not interfere in anyway with the Yoshimura R34 muffler when installed. Thank you.

Beng

·
Registered
270 Posts
It got here today. Installed it in about an hour. Some notes. Fit is great. The mounting bolt for the motor was replaced by 1 in the kit and a spacer and it is not in the video. I actually think it’s an upgrade. I couldn’t get the spring installed and had to use a ratchet tie down to pull the spring rearward enough to get the threads started. Here are a few pictures especially exhaust side to hopefully show clearance for aftermarket exhaust folks.

Attachments

·
Registered
270 Posts
I can only speak about the stock can. But yes, look at the 3rd picture. The clamp bolt gives perspective. The stand is inches away from the muffler and for the most part it’s only beneath the swing arm.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I can only speak about the stock can. But yes, look at the 3rd picture. The clamp bolt gives perspective. The stand is inches away from the muffler and for the most part it’s only beneath the swing arm.
I am going to try to have the shop where I have my tires installed become a dealer.

I know I will need help with the spring and he will help me.

Kenny G:surprise:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I installed mines the other day but if you have a california rebel you might have to deal with this canister that is in the way and you will have to relocate it( i just zip tied it higher and away from the chain)

I contacted t rex racing about it this is what they said

"Hi,

Sorry for the inconvenience, we are aware of this issue. The State of California requires motorcycles to have this container. We were unaware of this when we designed our center stand. We are currently working to make our center stand compatible with the California models. You have two options at this time; You can return the item for a refund and we will send you a prepaid return label or you can keep the stand until we have this issue resolved and we will exchange the items.

Your business is appreciated.

Thanks"

Hopefully they would just make a bracket to elevate the container.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
The T-Rex stand is a well made good looking unit.
Unfortunately mine clashed with the ABS componentry.

I guess I'll hang it on someones Christmas tree :)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Just recieved an email from T-Rex

We were made aware of this issue at the end of last week and have already brought in a Rebel 500 ABS and made the necessary modification for it to be compatible. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience but we have already made progress towards getting this issue corrected. We are working with another local dealership in acquiring the Rebel 300 ABS so that we can confirm the modification is compatible with the 300 model as well or if we need to design a different one for the 300 model as well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow. A bolt on permanent centerstand. That's the thing to have. I sure wish they made one for the 2016 and older Rebels with tube type tires. Would make repairing a tire beside the road a lot easier. Fortunately the Rebel 300 and 500 have tubeless tires that you can just plug, reinflate, and be on your way.

1 - 20 of 68 Posts