Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Center stand, exhaust?

9K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  MC_Forum_ID_01 
#1 ·
I happen to have a free Yoshimura slip on that fits a 2013 CB1100, anyone know if that will work for the Rebel 500? It's held on via an adjustable bracket so I kind of assume it would.

Also, wondering if the Rebel comes with a centerstand. I spend an hour trying to google this and no one seems to talk about it. Center stand is a MUST for me to clean the chain, I don't have a paddock stand. If it doesn't come with one, does the factory MAKE one? I had an NC700 and had to order the blasted center stand from Japan, which was obnoxious, even though Web!ike Japan is awesome.

#3 ·
Center stand is a MUST for me to clean the chain, I don't have a paddock stand. .
None of my bikes have a centerstand but doing the chain is no problem if you have a small jack to go under the swing arm opposite the sidestand. You only need to jack it up a half inch or so to clear the ground, spin tire and oil, then let jack down. My jack is homemade from one of those expanding bars for the back of a pickup to prevent load shifting. Cut it down to about a foot long and it works great. Portable enough to even take on a trip.

#4 ·
The problem with this is that there is no spot on the frame of the bike to use a jack stand. The engine sump and exhaust are quite a bit lower than the frame and I don't see anyway of getting around that. I tried asking honda if it was safe to lift it from there. They told me to ask my Jack company SMH.

#7 ·
another way to avoid center stand

For those of you who never oil the chain on the road this works great in the garage. You probably have a scissor jack in the trunk of your car but they are easily available and unlike my previous jack require no adaptability or modifications. So no center stand is necessary for chain maintenance.

#10 ·
I would advise against that UNLESS you have somebody to help you steady the bike is you jack.
Keeping the two jacks positioned and lifting in sync, and lowering in the right sequence introduces an element of risk.

Using the single right swing arm jack gives the bike three stable contacts with the ground:

1 - The rear jack.
2 - The kick stand.
3 - The front tyre with the brake on and locked with a strap.

You'd have just as much access using the single jack method and I think it would be simpler, quicker and most importantly, safer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.