Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

21 - 40 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Being right-handed, makes sense to me to put it closer to my right hand.
Ofc, that will be the case for most of us I imagine. I myself am right-handed too, but would still have it on the left side, since the left hand is more prone to be "free" and available than the right hand most of the time.

·
Super Moderator
1,007 Posts
Ofc, that will be the case for most of us I imagine. I myself am right-handed too, but would still have it on the left side, since the left hand is more prone to be "free" and available than the right hand most of the time.

Oooooh that's sounds a bit naughty!
Your not allowed to discuss your s..... preferences here Lyoko.

Just kidding!!!

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Oooooh that's sounds a bit naughty!
Your not allowed to discuss your s..... preferences here Lyoko.

Just kidding!!!
Twizzian get your head out of the gutter!!
I ain't talking about what I may or may not be doing to my many passengers while riding... :grin2: lol!

·
Registered
814 Posts
That's a very neat & tidy mount, I like it.
Assuming there are more phone sizes/models other than iPhone that fit?
It is a bike mount. Does it hold well in speed?

Twizzian, it is mainly an iPhone product but they do offer a universal adapter you can stick on the phone/phone case. It will stick out
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01LAX9HBS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_dp_T1_NiPGzbQ49GSF0
It is made for a bicycle, but the version now has metal teeth and has a switch to activate a lock to hold the phone in place.

I haven't had any issue with it yet, and it is obscenely simple and fast. The phone locks in magnetically and then there is also the physical lock.
It was more expensive when i ordered it, and i thought it was a great deal then.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I'm using a Quad Lock Moto Mount. I've used their bike mount on a few mountain bikes and they have been solid. I just put this one on and might move it to the left side. First pic is just the phone, second pic is with the rain poncho that still allows full touch screen use.

Attachments

·
Registered
527 Posts
Wow that's pretty pricey.

Since I flipped my mirrors I used a ram mount that screws into where the mirrors use to go. Complete ram kit with the X-Grip mount cost me right around $37 and worked perfectly on my last trip.

And even at that price point I thought it was kind of high for just a phone mount

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
136 Posts
I've thought about the tank ring ball mount, but it is expensive and there is a lot of documented evidence of it breaking. My buddy has a ram mount plate for his brake fluid reservoir and that is my favorite. Mine is on a u clamp ram mount on the right handlebar. I only use it when stopped. My left hand is holding the clutch. Ram mounts are beyond solid.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Wow that's pretty pricey.

Since I flipped my mirrors I used a ram mount that screws into where the mirrors use to go. Complete ram kit with the X-Grip mount cost me right around $37 and worked perfectly on my last trip.

And even at that price point I thought it was kind of high for just a phone mount

I am in the process of doing the same.

The invert mounts I got are cheap crap and the one broke... hooray. What ball mount did you get? I know that had two variants of M10, and I assume you had to remove the riser off after you popped the mirror off as well?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I am in the process of doing the same.

The invert mounts I got are cheap crap and the one broke... hooray. What ball mount did you get? I know that had two variants of M10, and I assume you had to remove the riser off after you popped the mirror off as well?
These are the exact parts I ordered. I screwed the ball mount into the factory spot where the mirror originally was.
Rode my bike to work today, so will try to take a picture on my lunch break.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0055PH0XA/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0036G97DG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o09_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0074WMQLS/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

·
Registered
4 Posts
Ha we got the same exact parts. Ok, I just need to remove that mirror spacer piece I think, I'll do that when I get home and everything should be good.

Thanks!

·
Registered
527 Posts
Not the best angle, but this is how o have mine mounted with flipped mirrors. Rock solid and doesnt budge even at extended 80mph rides.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If you're less prone to touch it while you're moving and instead only touch it at stop lights than it would be more handy on the right side since your left might be occupied holding in the clutch.

·
Registered
266 Posts
New UK law coming into effect next Spring. You are not allowed to touch your phone/gps even when sat on it while stationery such as at traffic lights/junctions. If you do you get fined £200 and six points on your licence = 12 point and you are banned and extra insurance costs.

Roadside cameras being installed to catch out unwary drivers/riders.

21 - 40 of 45 Posts