Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2018 Rebel 300. A few months ago I noticed a coarse, loud buzzing noise, for lack of a better description, coming from the front of the bike somewhere. After much prolonged investigation, I seem to have narrowed it down to the headlight housing, but I am not totally sure about that. The noise is definitely increases with increasing rpm, and seems heat dependent also, first showing up in the summer and being worse when it's hot. The dealership has found nothing wrong with my bike. Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
headlight bucket buzzing is a common problem

while you are hearing the buzzing - put your hand on the headlight or other parts to determine where it is coming from

the solution is insulation placed in effective areas - may take a few tries to get it right

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I'm pretty sure it's not the radiator fan, I can hear it from time to time, and this is much louder and coarser. I also don't think it's the clutch lever, but I'll check that next time I ride the bike.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If anyone has any suggestions as how to insulate or isolate the headlight bucket from vibrating, that would be much appreciated.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts