Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
hi guys,

I am new to this forum. I want to buy a Rebel 500, but not sure what year. I am thinking between a 2018 or 2019. I have heard that the front and rear suspensions are pretty soft for the 2017-18 models. Did they re-tune them to be stiffer for the 2019 models? Are there any differences or upgrades between the 2018 and 2019 models? I tried to research it but couldn't find any, then I came across this forum website!

Don't really care much about the colors, but I am more concerned about the powertrain and those sorts of things.

thank you

·
Registered
814 Posts
First time buying a new motorcycle. Didn't know they let you do that in America.

If I do get a 2019, can you even haggle the price down like you can at a new car dealership?
Most places will not let you test ride a brand new bike. If they have a used one they probably will let you.
There is no difference between the bikes of different years currently besides colors, like mentioned above.

·
Registered
715 Posts
First time buying a new motorcycle. Didn't know they let you do that in America.

If I do get a 2019, can you even haggle the price down like you can at a new car dealership?
No, most dealers will not let you test ride a new bike.

The list price isn't what is going to get you. The dealer adds on freight, assembly/dealer prep, added mark-up and sometimes added accessories. Freight can be $400, assembly can be anywhere between $800 and $1000, dealer mark-up can be whatever the dealer feels like adding (around here it's $800 to $1500 depending on the popularity of the bike). Don't forget taxes and dmv fees and documentation fees. Except for taxes and dmv fees, all these other fees are junk fees and can be negotiated.

·
Registered
127 Posts
As a Costco member I found an affiliated dealer willing to give a Costco deduction. Problem was that dealer was 70 miles away. I took a written quote to my local dealer and he matched the price. It wasn't much of a break, nothing like what you can sometimes do at car dealers. Good luck

1 - 9 of 9 Posts