Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Fellow Riders!

I have put about 800 miles on my rebel 500, and the last 200 or so I have been experiencing significant brake noise. The noise occurs on both front and back rotors, mostly under light braking pressure typical for stop and go traffic, but also under harder braking.

I have tried brake cleaner and a solid hose spray with water, but the squeaking still returns after a very short time.

I understand brake dust and/or road grime are the likely culprit, but wondering if anyone else has experienced these symptoms after such a short time?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I've just stated to notice some squeaking here or there. I'm at around 3500 miles on mine. Honda's have always, in my experience, made random noises no one could explain. My Grom used to make the noise pretty much all the time and took it to the dealer multiple times with them telling me it was in perfect working order. As long as you don't notice any extra fade I wouldn't worry about the noise.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Mine is at about 4000 miles and I've had brake squeaks and noise for the last 2,000 or so. I used to clean them and try to get rid of it. Every time I checked the brakes there was nothing wrong with it so now I just live with the squeaks.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I had the same problem on both rear and front brakes. After unscrewing and cleaning the problem gone.

It happens because of brake dust gets stuck into pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts