Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm working on something for the Rebel, I saw this week a friend of mine with a Triumph with
a rear fender he ordered from Blue Collar Bobbers. I fell in love with the fender!

So... yeahh... I put a hold on the handlebars, the exhaust and everything, from now on until
it's finished, I'm dedicating all my spare time to making a bobber fender attached to the swingarm!

I'll keep you guys updated, I started taking the fender brackets apart yesterday, I'll cut them to make sure
I can still fit the seat and everything below correctly. Once that is out of the way, I'll take measurements for the new brackets, I'll try to send more pictures this weekend! I got a picture from the bike right now and a picture from a Blue Collar Bobbers fender, so you guys can make an idea for yourself

GOD i love this bike and the possibilities :grin2:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Pace,

Lance at Blue Collar Bobbers really makes good products and is very helpful if you run into a problem.

I have been trying to talk Lance into producing a tracker kit for the new Rebel.

Kenny G

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Oh look, the bike comes with a perfectly fine fender as stock, but hey, let's chop it up anyway, shall we?? (Joking! :p Or am I...? :p)
It's quite interesting to see the directions people are taking with this bike, and the things people come up with for it.
That's how I feel it should be with everything. Not a single car I've owned has remained stock.
People these days are just.. boring. So simple and plain.
You look at the cars on the road today and there is no diversity among them. They all look the same.
At least with bikes, I feel that most tend to do at least something to them. May not be anything extreme, but people make the bike their own at least. I love it.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Exactly! I didn't see another Rebel on the roads yet but I like my cars/bikes to be quite unique.
I saw the fenders available but when I saw the bobber style, I fell in love!

Lyoko there's not much chopping in the plans for right now, just tiny holes for the brackets, I think
I like the long fender, and this way I keep the holes for the brake light!

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
I like those BCB products. My first bobber was done using their stuff but now I find used fenders from other bikes to do the same thing with much less cost but a little more fabricating.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I spent 10-15 mins last night in the garage thinking about the right way to do it, I may end up cutting
a couple inches from the front of the fender, just to keep the back end a little shorter. That will also help
the look, because I don't want the bracket that attaches to the back to be at too much of an angle.

By the way, I hope what I write is easy to understand for you, it's my second language and sometimes
when I read back what I wrote, I'm really not sure of how it's coming out!

So there it is without the original brackets, just to get a better idea!

I'll see later, but I'm MAYBE thinking about color matching the rear fender with the tank?
Anyway there's a loooong way to go before even thinking about being done with it lol

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Sounds neat!
Not having any problem understanding you, but you would have perhaps preferred to use french instead?
At least, as far as I've heard there is a lot of french speaking people in Canada.

·
Registered
73 Posts
i wouldnt match the fender, i think leaving it black leaves you open to make some red accents elsewhere without overkill

like a red wheel stripe around your rims will look sick after you bob that rear..could even toss on some whitewalls along with that for a really cool look :D

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Looking good! I've been so busy the last 2-3 days that I didn't do anything yet!

Riding season will begin may/june so I have a lot of time left but still, I look forward to having
my own hard tail bike !

·
Registered
203 Posts
The license plate holder is hand made and the blinkers are the Apollo Classic by Highsider, a german company. They have built-in tail light and stop light, and they are E-Marked...really cool
So far it's definitely my favourite modification. The design is very simple, smart and doesn't look cheap, as many of other modification I've seen.

·
Registered
28 Posts
I'm really liking where this is going. I have some plans on chopping up a fender. I just need to find a stock rebel one that someone wants to get rid of. Looking good!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts