Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got these in yesterday and tried them out today. Perfect fit!

Note that I have the TBR exhaust, so these likely won't work with the stock exhaust installed, though that's a quick and easy job to remove it if needed.

As with any stands that aren't a solid, single piece, there is some give to these where they join together, but once the bike is lifted, it is rock solid.

Provides about 5" lift in the front and 3" in the back.

There is a set screw hole on the front of each which will allow you to "mount" the pads and pegs into place once you know where they need to be positioned, but they didn't include hardware for that.

Also, no instructions were included, but it's pretty self explanatory if you know how these types of stands work.

All in all, I'm 100% satisfied with these stands. $124.99 with free shipping from amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01COJ5XQK/ref=yo_ii_img?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
80 Posts
This is a huge help for winter storage people who want the bike off the ground for a few months. Do you think they will hold? I've never taken the exhaust out off a bike, is it a doable process for a newbie? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This is a huge help for winter storage people who want the bike off the ground for a few months. Do you think they will hold? I've never taken the exhaust out off a bike, is it a doable process for a newbie? Thanks a lot.
Like I said, they're rock solid once the bike is lifted.

As for the exhaust, it's literally just loosening the clamp where it slips on and the bolt where it mounts to the frame, then sliding it off. A 2 minute job, and that includes going to the tool box to get the tools. ;)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
982 Posts
Not quite the same as those nice Black Widdow stands.

My friends home made rear stand worked just great today when doing my chain adjustment.
Cost next to nothing to make, quite stable when exerting pressure on the wrenches/ hex keys. I've saved some spending at the bike shop for now.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Twizzian,

Could you add the dimensions you used to make the stand? Did you add spacers to the bolt shown in the picture?

Honda makes a center stand for the CB500X and I am thinking it will fit on the CMX500 there is only about 5/8" difference in the frame height from the ground between the 2 Honda models. We can also hope that Honda makes a center stand specifically for our bike. A center stand eliminates the need for most other ways needed to lift a bike.

Kenny G

·
Super Moderator
982 Posts
Twizzian,

Could you add the dimensions you used to make the stand? Did you add spacers to the bolt shown in the picture?

Honda makes a center stand for the CB500X and I am thinking it will fit on the CMX500 there is only about 5/8" difference in the frame height from the ground between the 2 Honda models. We can also hope that Honda makes a center stand specifically for our bike. A center stand eliminates the need for most other ways needed to lift a bike.

Kenny G
I'll either have to visit my buddies house or get him to measure up the dimensions, so if you give me some time I'll prob go there & measure up myself

The bolts are quite long (120-150mm length) as they overlap the two upright lifting bars.
The bolts have garden hosepipe inside & metal tube on the outer.
The uprights have semicircular cut outs to locate into the bolts/spools & some rubber innertube pulled over to protect from scratching painted parts.
It lifts much higher than a normal service stand, but rock solid.
You still have to slacken off the exhaust clamp and remove muffler bracket to push the exhaust out of the way of the lift.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I'll either have to visit my buddies house or get him to measure up the dimensions, so if you give me some time I'll prob go there & measure up myself

The bolts are quite long (120-150mm length) as they overlap the two upright lifting bars.
The bolts have garden hosepipe inside & metal tube on the outer.
The uprights have semicircular cut outs to locate into the bolts/spools & some rubber innertube pulled over to protect from scratching painted parts.
It lifts much higher than a normal service stand, but rock solid.
You still have to slacken off the exhaust clamp and remove muffler bracket to push the exhaust out of the way of the lift.
Twizzian,

Thank you.

I like the lift you have shown, but now that you have explained it I doubt that I am clever enough to make the stand and make it function.

Kenny G

1 - 10 of 10 Posts