Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, here to introduce my baby, I call her Black Rêve (Black Dream).
Here is she coming out of the store:

Mod:
First mod I did was to get her some bags. I wanted them as big as I could, without ruining the look too much.
I got some SHAD SH23, I really like them. Super big, and if you take them out (which is very easy to do) the frame is almost invisible.

I also got some crashbars, just in case. I think they are the best investment anyone can do...

Next up, I placed some vinyl work, to which I call "shadow stripes". The motorcycle is black gloss, the vinyl is matte, so you can only see it when the light is hitting from an angle.

Finally, I got her a headlight guard, or a wind shield. I REALLY love how she looks right now, as the shield makes the "weight" look of her look much more balanced now. The bags really make her heavy in the back, so it makes the perfect contrast now.

Next up, we will add some whitewall tyres, probably Avon Cobras.

And that is it for now, hope you like it :)

Attachments

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello everyone. Here is the latest update - Vance & Hines Exhaust.

I was worried it might not work with the bags I currently have (Shad sh23) but since the exhaust points a little outwards, its actually fine. It gets warmish a bit in that side, thats all.

The sound is great, its a different beast now as many as you know. I rod with my GF on a car behind me so I can study how much annoying it can actually be, she said it sounded fine, nothing too loud.

Very happy with the new acquisition!

Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Vehicle

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Today I did some DIY's on my SHAD SH23 bags.
With the help of a little bit of Velcro, and a recipient for dishes sponges and stuff like that, I've managed to hang both my gloves, my cellphone case, and a place to have a powerbank (20000mh), with some cloth to clean up and my helmet bag. My phone can go right in the next sloth, with a little cable, protected from rain. Also, Ive secured the lock bag.
This gives me a lot more room, since you still can access beneath the recipient, and makes everything way more tidy, which I really really like :)

Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Machine gun Automotive exterior
Telephony Mobile phone Communication Device Gesture Telephone

·
Registered
Current Bike: 2021 Rebel 500SE Past Bike: 2002 XR100R
50 Posts
Today I did some DIY's on my SHAD SH23 bags.
With the help of a little bit of Velcro, and a recipient for dishes sponges and stuff like that, I've managed to hang both my gloves, my cellphone case, and a place to have a powerbank (20000mh), with some cloth to clean up and my helmet bag. My phone can go right in the next sloth, with a little cable, protected from rain. Also, Ive secured the lock bag.
This gives me a lot more room, since you still can access beneath the recipient, and makes everything way more tidy, which I really really like :)

View attachment 35386 View attachment 35387
Mods and bike look great! I’m not a big fan of the look of saddlebags, but your organization tricks are a great idea, and bike looks real nice all together with the headlight cowl. The Vance and Hines will probably be one of my next modifications on my 500SE, how have you liked the sound so far compared to stock and have you noticed any change in shiftpoints? Had seen some on the forum stating they seemingly can stay in lower gears for a longer time.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I liked the sound, but it is too loud for me. I live in Portugal and the cops are very restrictive in relation to noise, and we can get our bike inpounded so I got afraid of using it. Other than that, it sounds great. Im selling mine now 😔 also, this week we just got news bikes will need to start going to inspection (normally cars go to inspection but bikes didnt had to, so bikes were the only customizable vehicle in portugal) and that also screwed everyone that has custom bikes.

I think the relations on shifting are placebo. It does make a different sound so you kind of want to hold on for the noise it makes. But thats really just my opinion and Im not sure if its true or not. I head since its just a slipon, it doesnt change anything on the engine...
With that said, its a good idea to change gears up so you have more mileage per tank, make less noise, take care of the engine etc...blabla bla 😅

·
Registered
Current Bike: 2021 Rebel 500SE Past Bike: 2002 XR100R
50 Posts
I liked the sound, but it is too loud for me. I live in Portugal and the cops are very restrictive in relation to noise, and we can get our bike inpounded so I got afraid of using it. Other than that, it sounds great. Im selling mine now 😔 also, this week we just got news bikes will need to start going to inspection (normally cars go to inspection but bikes didnt had to, so bikes were the only customizable vehicle in portugal) and that also screwed everyone that has custom bikes.

I think the relations on shifting are placebo. It does make a different sound so you kind of want to hold on for the noise it makes. But thats really just my opinion and Im not sure if its true or not. I head since its just a slipon, it doesnt change anything on the engine...
With that said, its a good idea to change gears up so you have more mileage per tank, make less noise, take care of the engine etc...blabla bla 😅
Thanks for the quick response! Definitely think it will be a good option for me then based on your comments. Upsetting to hear about the new regulations you’re facing there, but safe riding and enjoy!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for the quick response! Definitely think it will be a good option for me then based on your comments. Upsetting to hear about the new regulations you’re facing there, but safe riding and enjoy!
If you dont have issues with the regulations and such.... Its an amaaaazing exhaust!

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So after a long time...
I was not able to sell my V&H exhaust. I had it in Portugal for sale for quite a few months, there were some cases of people interested, but never could finish business.

I am so glad I didn't.

So I don't know why, a few days ago I though about that sound again. The hitch just started again, on the back of my mind.
Again, went looking for solutions, still no DB Killers available for the Vance and Hines produced for the 500.

But this time, since this is not a new item anymore, I though to look for stuff that I might end up building, and stupid me, there are these things online which are universal DB Killers. I though they were not worth it in the beginning, but this time I really had nothing to lose, I was just left with a exhaust that nobody wanted to buy, and I actually loved so...

Today it arrived. Oh glory day.

It worked like a charm. It still has all the flavours of the new exhaust, those gurgling sounds, and now, it actually doesn't bother me at all. It won't bother the neighbors either. It has around the same sound volume as the original did, but with a lot better tone.

Original: 85db
Without anything - 97db
V&H - 107db
V&H with DBkiller - 87 - I can actually change this to higher or lower, as it has a metal that you can move up and down.

So my suggestion to a lot of you out there that I see having the same issue I had, spend 20$ on Amazon and solve it! :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts