Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I had a problem this morning with the Rebel... here's how it went :

- Put the key in and turned off the kill switch : pitched down/inconstant sound from the fuel pump (but all lights on)

- Started the bike : everything seemed fine so far, she was running

- I noticed that my rear turn signals are turned off and I couldn't remember if they should always be on, so I tried the warning lights... and here's the weird part : they flashed super fast and the bike turned off. Dead. No lights.

I tried turning the kill switch on and off, taking the key out and let the bike sit for a while, still nothing.

Could it be the main fuse ? I doubt that it's the battery as it has been charging during all Winter.

Thanks in advance !

·
Registered
129 Posts
Rear signals lights always off, front ones always on.
I'd guess a fuse went and if it did you have a problem with the flashers.
Battery could not cause this.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welp, the issue turned out to be quite easy to repair ! When I put the battery back after charging it, I didn't tighten the battery connectors enough, fearing I might break the loops...

With the vibrations and bumps, they became loose and that's what caused my problems ; Solved !

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Welp, the issue turned out to be quite easy to repair ! When I put the battery back after charging it, I didn't tighten the battery connectors enough, fearing I might break the loops...

With the vibrations and bumps, they became loose and that's what caused my problems ; Solved !
Phil,

Every time that I have checked my battery terminals they were not as tight as I would like them to be. The next time I am near the terminals I am going to put some blue Loctite on them.

Kenny G

1 - 4 of 4 Posts