Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought it was loud for an exhaust, then realized I'm hearing it so well above the camera's wind noise, meaning in real life that thing is eardrum splitting.

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
D*mn that's loud.. Can't really tell if it's just a slip on there, or if the cat is gone too?
But I'll say this, that does sound like a real bike! Quite something else from the normal "puff puff" sound it has.

·
Registered
91 Posts
It's a shame Vance & Hines only makes systems for V-Twins and four cylinder bikes, I have never heard a V&H equipped bike that sounded anything less than perfect.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Vance & Hines will make exhausts systems for the new Rebel, it is just a matter of time.
Have they issued a press release citing that? I had to double check after posting and the only bike they list a system for that isn't a V2 or four banger is Triumph's portly 1700cc T-Bird. Granted it would be nice to see V&H return to their "Cruzers" line for smaller bore cruisers.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'm in Illinois. To be honest it sounds like every harley on the street has open pipes around here, so cops really don't care how loud you are.
Considering the Outlaws' home town is Chicago that comes as no surprise. About a decade or so ago the San Francisco PD (neighboring Oakland, mind you, the big HA town) adopted LPSL onto their patrol bikes.

I know there are states who do have rather anal exhaust laws, CA being one of them (re: California Emissions), which makes the SFPD adaptation even more surprising.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I'll try to shoot some video this weekend, but I swear my 300 with the coffman is pretty close to that level obscene loudness when I go WOT lol.

Def interested to see what this sounds like- this is what I have my eyes on at the moment- I took off my muffler and ran it around the block a few times- its so loud with an open pipe but man I love how it sounds for a 300cc and with the Harleys in the area my bike seemed like its still low with no muffler

Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0758DZSB3/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A293OBE0FQHFF2&psc=1

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Bert,

That muffler(s) on the YouTube bike does sound good, and I noticed the mufflers are parallel the swing arm.

Kenny G

1 - 20 of 35 Posts