Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi guys,

I am thrilled to have received a matte silver 500 a few weeks ago and am very happy with it :) I am looking into changing the stock exhaust to make it sound a bit better. I am not interested in making it too loud, I just want a bit more grunt without waking up the neighbours and triggering off car alarms as I whiz down the street. However, I am also concerned about styling. I'd like the pipe to keep the bike's retro modern styling without looking too sporty.

Which aftermarket exhaust would you guys recommend? The bike is still new and hasn't gone in for the first 1000km service. Is it ideal to wait for the running in period to end before changing the stock exhaust?

Thanks

Tonio

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Hey there Tonio, welcome to the forum!

Start by having a look here I'd recon:

http://www.hondarebel3forum.com/forum/665-accessories-add-ons/3833-available-exhaust.html

As far as I know, not every single member here has a different piece compared to one another, so not everyone will have experience with some of the mufflers. But, there is still a rather good diversity among us.

Thread wary in regards of changing it before the service. Some dealers will deem that as breaking the warranty on the bike, while others don't. You'll quickly find out by simply asking the dealership what they view as a break in the warranty in regards of mods for the bike.
So check that first, before you go and change it.

Also, I would recommend that you stick with the stock muffler until the bikes been at it's first service.
I say that as most aftermarket mufflers tend to reduce the back pressure quite a bit. If that actually will have an impact on the bike during break in period, I can't say for sure. But better safe than sorry.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Lombardi,

Welcome to The Forum.

Ride Safe & Keep The Shiny Side Up.

In my mind the Two Brothers Exhaust has the appearance of belonging on the Rebel, but it is quite expensive. I have the Musarri Slip-on Exhaust and I like the sound of it, but it doesn't match the lines of the Rebel. The Musarri is quite inexpensive though.

Kenny G

·
Registered
62 Posts
Lombardi,

Welcome to The Forum.

Ride Safe & Keep The Shiny Side Up.

In my mind the Two Brothers Exhaust has the appearance of belonging on the Rebel, but it is quite expensive. I have the Musarri Slip-on Exhaust and I like the sound of it, but it doesn't match the lines of the Rebel. The Musarri is quite inexpensive though.

Kenny G
How's the after firing with the musarri?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts