Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Then I'd be off to a competent dealer. The horn shouldn't beep unless the button is pressed. You could have a short in your wiring between the clutch switch and the horn or it could be in the computer, but I don't think the horn is part of the BUS circuit.

Try idling in neutral and just pulling the clutch in and out.

But definitely off for a full elec check at the dealer.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Then I'd be off to a competent dealer. The horn shouldn't beep unless the button is pressed. You could have a short in your wiring between the clutch switch and the horn or it could be in the computer, but I don't think the horn is part of the BUS circuit.

Try idling in neutral and just pulling the clutch in and out.

But definitely off for a full elec check at the dealer.
It's not the horn that beeps, it's a beep that's coming from the engine somewhere. It's not that loud nor quiet

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
does it make the same sound (pitch) regardless of rpm or gear? if you were to keep pressure on the shifter longer, does the sound last longer? has it always done this? has it changed... getting louder or softer ? can you make the sound different by doing anything different?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
does it make the same sound (pitch) regardless of rpm or gear? if you were to keep pressure on the shifter longer, does the sound last longer? has it always done this? has it changed... getting louder or softer ? can you make the sound different by doing anything different?
It does it no matter what rpm or speed, it just started happening, the sound doesent last longer if i hold the gear, the sound doesent do anything different if I alter anything. And it happens only sometimes

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
A bearing would make a chirping sound if it is damaged but what bearing is used only when shifting? Can't be that, it would have to be on a shaft that is turning fast. When shifting, what is moved?

does it happen is all gears or just some or one?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
First of all, I would bring it back to the dealers asap, as this might just be a warranty case. But, if you continue driving around with it to find it out yourself, and in worst case totalt the bike in the prosess, then the warranty won't cover it as it will be deemed as user error. And that leaves you stuck with the bill for repairs.
I wouldn't even drive that bike as it is. Don't drive it to the dealer either, transport it there.
Better safe than sorry.

·
Super Moderator
1,233 Posts
I agree with Lyoko. This is not normal and it's not necessary to try and diagnose it further. It sounds like it might be a bad shaft bearing in the transmission or a shift fork that was installed wrong or is defective. The dealer might not be keen on splitting the engine case for a noise but at least you will have put Honda on notice that there is a problem.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts