Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally ordered these from Revzilla after a 5 month 'out of stock' wait. Installation took all of 30 minutes, and it looks solidly built. I rode for 2 hours afterwards and everything still holds tight. So far I can say that my hands weren't as cold, I was wearing my summer gloves and it was 50F outside. normally I would be wearing my winter gloves and after 1 hour hands would be cold so I'd stop riding at that point.

These are barkbusters Storm model, with 1" clamp (universal fit).

Attachments

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Forgot to mention it is adjustable. obviously you can move the clamp rotation-wise up and down, and there are different holes so you can move it more left or right.

·
Registered
18 Posts
They look good. I’ve been waiting for these to be in stock too. I just ordered a set. They only have 2 left in stock so if anyone else is thinking of ordering it, better do it now.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I finally ordered these from Revzilla after a 5 month 'out of stock' wait. Installation took all of 30 minutes, and it looks solidly built. I rode for 2 hours afterwards and everything still holds tight. So far I can say that my hands weren't as cold, I was wearing my summer gloves and it was 50F outside. normally I would be wearing my winter gloves and after 1 hour hands would be cold so I'd stop riding at that point.

These are barkbusters Storm model, with 1" clamp (universal fit).
Hi Odin

I know this from a while ago but I saw your post on fitting the Barkbusters to your Rebel. I wondered how they were going and if you had any issues with the right hand fitment - around the brake fluid reservior - I am having a real problem finding something that will fit as I also have a screen clamped to the handlebars . Would it possible to send me close up picture of how you have attached them on that side. Also which screen did you use? Many thanks

Heather

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi Odin

I know this from a while ago but I saw your post on fitting the Barkbusters to your Rebel. I wondered how they were going and if you had any issues with the right hand fitment - around the brake fluid reservior - I am having a real problem finding something that will fit as I also have a screen clamped to the handlebars . Would it possible to send me close up picture of how you have attached them on that side. Also which screen did you use? Many thanks

Heather
Hi
I can take a pic later, i'm not near the garage right now. the fitment has been great since installation, I have not had to tighten/adjust them at all ! If I remember, I loosened the brake reservoir to put the back side of the righthand clamp on then re-fitted it.
the screen i'm using is PUIG, and it does NOT attach to the handlebars. Hope this helps. Will try to take a pic tomorrow :)

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Hi Odin. Would it possible to send me close up picture of how you have attached them on that side. Many thanks

Heather
Here are close up pix you asked for, hope it helps

·
Registered
6 Posts
View attachment 33201 View attachment 33202
View attachment 33201 View attachment 33202
Hi
I can take a pic later, i'm not near the garage right now. the fitment has been great since installation, I have not had to tighten/adjust them at all ! If I remember, I loosened the brake reservoir to put the back side of the righthand clamp on then re-fitted it.
the screen i'm using is PUIG, and it does NOT attach to the handlebars. Hope this helps. Will try to take a pic tomorrow :)
Thanks Odin thats great and really helpful
Heather

1 - 9 of 9 Posts