Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone done bar end turn signals on the Honda rebel 500 and 300? And if so how did it look?

·
Registered
62 Posts
I too would be interested in hearing back on this. I’ve seems some on revzilla for like $125 (each signal) and they do look sharp, but I’ve also seen some for like $50 a pair, but they don’t list actual size or give a picture of them installed. Last thing I want is to get them only to find out they’re huge and not very bright. Also, wiring would be helpful.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Oh? That hadn’t even occurred to me, I just figured they were hollow on the inside. Good to know.

·
Registered
62 Posts
So, I bought ‘em...wish me luck. I’ll post pictures when I’m done. Anybody know how far the inner weights go?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Make sure they are legal where you live. Adding lights to a vehicle could be illegal in some areas even if they are safety features. You dont want to do all that work and drill holes only to be told you cant have them on. Then you'll need to do bar end mirrors ;)

·
Registered
62 Posts
Nah, I’d just put the end caps back on, can’t really get behind the bar end mirrors. Although I would be pissed to have spent the money. Also, there is a guy in my neighborhood who’s motorcycle is lined with several different colors of neon light bars, and I’m talking ECCENTRIC! You can see him from blocks away even in the day. so I hope I’m okay.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Turns out the answer to “how deep do the bar end weights go” is about an inch, maybe a little less

·
Registered
62 Posts
Any updates on the bar end signals? I’d like to see how they look!
A lot happened at my house in the last week or so that kinda set me back but I at least got the bar end weights all drilled and bored out. I got my handlebar grip ends drilled out, grinded down and painted. And I just got around to sanding down the last little bit of the inside of the handlebar to fit the rubber grommet. I plan to finish it sometime this week, I only get a couple minutes a day to do anything so it takes me an eternity to finish projects.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Almost got em installed and I realized I didn’t bore out the inside of the handlebar deep enough and they stuck out some. I want them flush though but don’t have a long enough dremel attachment to go any deeper. I think I’m just going to cut the rubber insert slightly shorter later this evening. I will post pictures and a little bit of a write up hopefully by tomorrow night at the latest. Gonna take a break to enjoy my son’s first 4th of July for a little bit, let it cool down some too.

·
Registered
62 Posts

Finally! Just got it all squared away, just gotta tighten my throttle a little bit and put my mirrors back on tomorrow. The lights are really bright and I couldn’t be happier with the end look. (Please excuse the shredded muffler 😂) I used the motogadget turn signals from amazon that cost me way too much ($225 a pair I think) but was the only ones I found that had any reviews. I also got the “fender eliminator” on the rear for $70 I think. Next up I got some gaiters and vinyl wrap going on the forks, might also remove the reflectors, I just gotta figure out how I’m gonna raise the front end. I just lifted the back with my hands and set it on jack stands when I tightened my chain but don’t think that will work for the front lol. Feeling lazy for a write up now, but if anyone has questions I’ll gladly answer them.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Finally! Just got it all squared away, just gotta tighten my throttle a little bit and put my mirrors back on tomorrow. The lights are really bright and I couldn’t be happier with the end look. (Please excuse the shredded muffler 😂) I used the motogadget turn signals from amazon that cost me way too much ($225 a pair I think) but was the only ones I found that had any reviews. I also got the “fender eliminator” on the rear for $70 I think. Next up I got some gaiters and vinyl wrap going on the forks, might also remove the reflectors, I just gotta figure out how I’m gonna raise the front end. I just lifted the back with my hands and set it on jack stands when I tightened my chain but don’t think that will work for the front lol. Feeling lazy for a write up now, but if anyone has questions I’ll gladly answer them.
I made a custom fit adapter to interface between a motorcycle/ATV jack and my Rebel...based on the picture knock one out yourself or have a welding shop fabricate one for you.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Here’s the parts I used Amazon.com: Motogadget MG6002011/MG6002012 - m-Blaze Disc LED Bar End Turn Signal, Black, PAIR for 7/8" and 1" Bars: Automotive . I have seen pairs of other brands for as low as $50 I think. But basically all you do is take off your grips (accidentally destroyed the left side one) then comes the awesome process of drilling out the bar-end weights underneath. They are a little over an inch deep and are fairly hard metal. The lights themselves are on a threaded metal stem that goes through the ends of the grips and through a rubber bushing and a nut on the back(comes with instructions). There are 3 different diameter bushings that come with it so you don’t HAVE to drill it out entirely.... if it’s centered. My hole was off center so I ended up having to dremel out the entire thing; and if you do, go towards the top first because it is tac welded in by a single bead on the top rim and once that is grinded off you can pull the whole piece out, grind it down and fit the largest one. After the bushing is able to fit, you gotta drill a small hole in the bottom center of your handlebars for the wires to go through(I loosened it up and tilted it). Pre-load tension into the bushing, put the lights in ( I used piano wire to pull the wires through the center hole) twist the light like half a turn to tighten it in with the logo facing up. I cut the connectors off the original lights and just didn’t use the running light wires (the striped ones). Make sure you protect the wires because they are thin. I also have an LED strip rear end so I bough an LED flasher as well.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts