Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone tried to install these with the stock handlebars? If so how did you do it? It looks like there is a plug or something on the end of my handlebars

·
Super Moderator
983 Posts
Has anyone tried to install these with the stock handlebars? If so how did you do it? It looks like there is a plug or something on the end of my handlebars
Yes it's the bar weight
You can't take them out.

Take off your grips
Drill through the weights starting with a small bit then up to the size of your mirror inserts.
The weights are about 1 1/2" long
**** things took me about half hour each side, they are steel.
Or maybe my drills were blunt.

Depending what mirrors you have, after replacing the grips be careful not to snag the throttle.

I holed out the end of my grips.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I had one of my buddies at work drill out the bar end weights, he said they were a real pain in the butt to drill out. I love my bar end mirrors though.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Or just make good use of them as I did! No need to drill it all out guys! Making more work for yourself than what's needed. Little depending on what kind of mirrors you're trying to fit thou.

·
Super Moderator
983 Posts
Or just make good use of them as I did! No need to drill it all out guys! Making more work for yourself than what's needed. Little depending on what kind of mirrors you're trying to fit thou.
Yeah that's right.
I drilled all the way through but the hole size was only enough for the insert to expand when tightening up the mirrors.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well looks like I'll be buying some new bars. While drilling out the clutch side of the bars with a small bit, I was thinking I was almost through and snapped it off. I couldn't get it out nore was I able to drill it out. Oh well give me an excuse to spend some more money on the bike.

·
Super Moderator
983 Posts
Well looks like I'll be buying some new bars. While drilling out the clutch side of the bars with a small bit, I was thinking I was almost through and snapped it off. I couldn't get it out nore was I able to drill it out. Oh well give me an excuse to spend some more money on the bike.
Yep! The first small hole is always the worst one, you must have been pushing too hard.
Although there are other bars, I'm sure the H2C straight bar doesn't have weights in, but may suffer vibration issues.

I think others here have changed thier bars

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Well part of the clue is to not use too small. Size 5 or above shouldn't make any problem, but you could even had used a size 10 too, would just take some time.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts