Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought new bar end mirrors, but realized that the end of the handle is capped. Does anyone know how to install these mirrors or point me in the direction of who did something similar? What aftermarket mirrors do you have?

·
Super Moderator
988 Posts
Take the grips off and drill through the steel weights using a small drill bit first & go up in sizes until the expandable collar slips in
Best to have the bike on a paddock stand rather than on its side as it’s not easy to drill centrally when the bikes leaning.

I had two sizes of collars with the mirrors but used the smaller one.
Not a difficult job, just patience.

·
Registered
138 Posts
From what I’ve seen other people do, the consensus is to either drill them out completely, or just drill and tap a hole into the bar end plugs and screw it in directly.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What is the depth of the weight plugs? Is there enough to anchor the mirror collars?

·
Super Moderator
988 Posts
I never measured the weights, it’s around 30mm in length, (I never measured mine) plenty to tighten up the collars into them.
You don’t need to drill out the whole weight to the handlebar size. Drill out a little over the collar size so that it can expand when you tighten up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts