Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
712 Posts
I just ordered shortys from a Canadian seller on Ebay yesterday. They shipped today, and ETA is between Monday and Thursday next week.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/MC-Short-Adju...%3A1643a46615e0ab6b44444959ffe87a16%7Ciid%3A1

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
Aaaand, they arrived today!

I ordered these at midnight Wednesday night.. DHL just knocked on the door 15 minutes ago.

37 hours from order to receipt... how's that for free international shipping?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

·
Registered
62 Posts
Levers changed today and a doddle to do.

I put one bar end mirror on.
My grips came off in seconds without any damage.
It's an easy task but takes time to drill through as I used an 1/8th drill bit first then 3 other sizes.

I just cut a hole in the rubber grip up to the flange & is not noticeable with the mirror on.
you have a link to those mirrors?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi there,

Could you mention the size i.e. 22mm or 25 mm for the mirrors? Also the link where you got them from? I am thinking of getting them on my 300!!

Thanks

Finally got around to get the tools needed, so that's mirrors checked of the "to do" list! :grin2:
And oh my god, it looks sooo good <3
So much more cleaner look with everything on the same height on the bar ^^,

·
Premium Member
1,655 Posts
Discussion Starter · #49 ·
Hi there,
Could you mention the size i.e. 22mm or 25 mm for the mirrors? Also the link where you got them from? I am thinking of getting them on my 300!!
Thanks
Did you read through the whole thread?
I got them from a local hardware store here, and I'm located in Norway, in Europe. So not sure how much the link will be of help, but here you go:
Speil styreende - Speil MC-tilbehør - Biltema
And I'm not quite sure what measurement you're referring to?

·
Registered
23 Posts
I sure did!

Yes, there is a 2 cm long plug at the ends of the handlebar. They are a hard aluminium plug that's perhaps only glued in there? Can't really tell in the pictures, but on the throttle side where I got the grip off, I could see past the plug on one of the sides, and couldn't find any evidence that they are welded in place. But I could be wrong thou.

I just made good of the plugs, and drilled a whole into it, and insertet new threads into them, in case the aluminium would weaken with time and start to slip. Don't wanna do the job two times.
Was rather easy when I got the tools and parts needed to get the job done.
those photos are worth many hours of research and guesswork! thanks

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
132 Posts
They look great! Now you can actually see behind you, rather than looking at your arms! : )

I bought a pair of sliders for my handlebars. Bummer the handlebars have the plugs in the end. I will not be able to install the sliders unless I drill though the plug and thread it like you did! : (

41 - 53 of 53 Posts