Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know about you guys but I am excited to be able to ride my bike again after this winter. I broke my hand at the end of last riding season so I lost a lot of time with the bike. But now it seems winter is never going away. It is still 30 degrees farenheit here and we keep getting snow. I am assuming the roads won't even be clear of gravel until about almost May at this point.

How is the weather by everyone else? What have you been doing to kill some time until it is riding weather again?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I got my bike out from storage last Friday, but today again we had a tiny bit of snow in the air, and are expecting a bit on Wednesday now... *sigh* Oh well, wasn't planning on riding with it quite yet either way. It's in bits and pieces right now as I'm head over heels with mods for it!
Had slight hopes earlier on that it would be driving conditions for next week, for Easter, but it looks grim... One can always hope thou...

·
Registered
111 Posts
i bought a new bike for March 1st. Weather has been so bad its still sitting in the showroom!! I will finally pick it up next Friday.

Grrr

·
Registered
10 Posts
I've had my new bike less than a week, the first weekend after I picked her up, it snowed. Not even proper snow, but it turned slushy and icy pretty quickly.

Less than 30 miles on the clock, am yet to take her for a good spin.

Hurry up Spring!!

Sent from my G8441 using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
six foot snow banks here

i got my shadow 750 out yesterday and prepped it for riding - someone was coming over to look at it - that bike sold and today i found a very nice shadow 600 vlx for sale - bought it

so i've got a new 17 year old bike to ride this year as soon as the snow melts

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
six foot snow banks here

i got my shadow 750 out yesterday and prepped it for riding - someone was coming over to look at it - that bike sold and today i found a very nice shadow 600 vlx for sale - bought it

I had a VLX 600 for several years, it was the most reliable motorbike that I have ever owned. I just gave away my manuals for it earlier this month.

Kenny G

·
Registered
789 Posts
I don't know about you guys but I am excited to be able to ride my bike again after this winter. I broke my hand at the end of last riding season so I lost a lot of time with the bike. But now it seems winter is never going away. It is still 30 degrees farenheit here and we keep getting snow. I am assuming the roads won't even be clear of gravel until about almost May at this point.

How is the weather by everyone else? What have you been doing to kill some time until it is riding weather again?
it's been sad. the day i brought my bike home it was a freakish 70F in february. i was able to fit an hour ride in today after work when it was 55F, but tomorrow it'll be back to freezing and more snow.
i know exactly what you mean Shorty, warm weather needs to get here and STAY here in a hurry.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Currently -2°C (35.6F) around here so I'm riding my old Transalp. Only managed to get a a little over 100 miles on the Rebel so far. Until then I'm starting to plan a little weeklong trip next month or so.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
six foot snow banks here

Get yourself a Rebel 3 instead!

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk

·
Registered
274 Posts
I feel for you guys having to put up with that horrible white stuff [ snow ] we are so lucky here in Australia ,and can ride virtually all year round. :D

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
Get yourself a Rebel 3 instead!

Sent fra min SM-G930F via Tapatalk
I will have an R3 someday. My general scheme is to buy used bikes, ride them for a year or two and fix the little bits that need fixing, then sell them for a profit. I have seen only 1 Rebel3 for sale used around here so far and it wasn't much of a deal.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I will have an R3 someday. My general scheme is to buy used bikes, ride them for a year or two and fix the little bits that need fixing, then sell them for a profit. I have seen only 1 Rebel3 for sale used around here so far and it wasn't much of a deal.
Ah, Mafia with a big M, huh? :laugh: You're not running a small chop shop by any chance too? lol!
What's the most profit you've made on a bike then?

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
I've made ~$500 on each bike. That's the difference between beginning of riding season and end of riding season prices. It's like a storage fee and something to tinker on during the winter.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Well is that included parts and such that you might have had to change on the bike, or..? Because if you ain't considering the cost of parts, and not to mention the time spent mending, you're basically throwing money out the window here.
I ofc get it that you ain't in it for the profit here, I like to tinker and mend things myself :p

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
I keep track of expenses but not time spent. Working on a bike and having a few beers is a better way for me to spend time than just drinking beer without working on something. My last bike that I just sold basically cost $0 to ride for 2 years and 1500 miles including gas, new tires and battery, registration and inspection and insurance. This new bike I just bought will have a higher profit margin because of the price paid and condition it's in. I think I'm going to pre spend the profit and get myself one of those motorcycle lift tables.

·
Super Moderator
1,163 Posts
Bad storms in my region are called 'Northeaster' (or 'Nor-eastah' if you want to sound like a lobsterman). They are called that because the eye of the storm follows the coast and the part over land blows in from the northeast. These are huge snow events usually because the storm picks up moisture over the warmer ocean and dumps it over land where there are colder temps. We usually get 1 or 2 each winter. This year we have had 1 per week the last 3 weeks and another one coming this week.

Usually this time of year, I'm putting away the snow board and taking out the motorcycle. Maybe this year I will be able to ride the motorcycle to the ski slope with the snow board strapped onto the seat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts