Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was riding the other night and realized it would be awesome to have backlit controls. Is that such a thing for Rebels? I assume the super fancy harley's and stuff might have something like this. I'm referring to the blinker switch, horn, headlights, kill switch, engine start, etc.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Sorry but you must be a new rider.

First you shouldn't be looking to the signal switch or the horn switch it should be second nature to KNOW where it is.
Second your eyes need to be looking in front of where you are headed, NOT on the handlebar switches!

So this would all be moot if your were a seasoned rider.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Sorry but you must be a new rider.

First you shouldn't be looking to the signal switch or the horn switch it should be second nature to KNOW where it is.
Second your eyes need to be looking in front of where you are headed, NOT on the handlebar switches!

So this would all be moot if your were a seasoned rider.
I get what you're saying but you're also assuming I'm after these because I don't know where my controls are. Which is not true, I know how to honk my horn :)

It's like buying a back lit keyboard for your computer, I know where the keys are but I'd not buy a keyboard without back lighting because I just prefer it.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Just like texting, the intent of the message is lost if you can't hear what your reading.
SO in my defense I read it as I dont know the controls are.

This modern area of mad or satirical for no reason - I REALLY like it!

Any more?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts