·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Go with the commander and re-map the whole system, tune it just the way you want/like.
Besides that, in terms of getting more out of it, you would have to start changing parts for higher effect.
Don't really see the whole point of it thou.. Costly mod to do, why not just get a bike that delivers what you want, straight from the dealer floor instead?
The engine and gearbox isn't indestructible, so maxing it out will wear it out in no time.
But that filter ain't gonna make a difference either way... You won't notise it.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Yeah Gazza, I agree with Lyoko.

The CMX500 has been de-tuned/remapped from the CBR engine and the gearing has all been changed to suit that. The 500 has got more torque which is great for low RPM work, I don't think you'll gain much by fiddling with the ECU.

I know of one guy who didn't do a backup of his Golf GTI before he tried to hot it up. Completely stuffed it and it would only work in limp mode and it cost him a bucket to get the dealer to fix it and it wasn't covered by warranty.

Just enjoy it for what it is mate.

Cheers

Jim

·
Registered
14 Posts
I know what you mean man I'm with you. I think all we can do is wait. I'm sure some one will come up with like 91 octane tune other than that maybe some gearing?

·
Registered
35 Posts
I know what you mean man I'm with you. I think all we can do is wait. I'm sure some one will come up with like 91 octane tune other than that maybe some gearing?

Gearing was my thought.

I was thinking of going up a tooth in the front and down two in the rear to make everything a bit taller and get some more top end out of it as I feel there's plenty on the low side but I haven't committed to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yeah Gazza, I agree with Lyoko.

The CMX500 has been de-tuned/remapped from the CBR engine and the gearing has all been changed to suit that. The 500 has got more torque which is great for low RPM work, I don't think you'll gain much by fiddling with the ECU.
So theoretically this would mean that on the basis that the CBR ECU has the same ECU plugs AND doesn't have H.I.S.S (which i'm not too sure about), if you swapped it out with the CMX ECU, you should see gains if any CEL's that appear (which is highly likely) don't affect the overall power of the bike, correct?

·
Registered
814 Posts
For more speed?
New Sprockets
Entire new exhaust removing cat and new air filter with dynojet and getting the bike dyno tuned.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts