Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

Registered
I found more use with my frame sliders for lifting and jacking purposes . This was my setup when I did my fork boots and fork covers haha 馃ぃ

Just some ideas I use to make things easier when working on the front end of a bike.
I have found when removing front wheel is to take 2 short pieced of rope. Make a loop at one end that goes around the end of the handlebar. Then take the free end and tie it on the rear foot peg or top of rear shock. Do that on both sides so the rope is snug, so now the forks will be held straight while working on the front end.

I also have short 2x4 or something close that I roll the tire onto so it lifts the wheel assemble high enough to be inline so the axle slides in one side through the wheel and out the other side without a lot of lifting on my part. This also works on the rear for tire removal.

Speaking or rear end work, swapping rear foot pegs right to left and left to ride (remount upside down) can also be a useful place to put jack stands. On some bikes this works with front pegs too.

Registered
2021 Honda CMX1100 DCT
Think what little space it takes would take this one along if doing some traveling just picking this one mainly because seen it used and worked fine on a heavier rdie than mine and takes very little storage space ..

Registered
I use a piece of 3/4" board under the kickstand and place a scissors jack under the swing arm cross member to lift the rear wheel off the ground to lube the chain. You will have to use ZipTie to lock the front brake level so the bike does not drift forward. Yhis is the only pic I have and it is not very clear. View attachment 38997
Same basic way I did mine before fitting the Tutoro oiler. You can lock the front brake with a cable tie, use a shackle lock or similar through the front wheel, or roll the front wheel into an internal corner of some walls to prevent it rolling forward off the jack / side stand. Quick and simple to do.

Registered
I always zip tie my front brake, put my jackstands close to the swing arms, pick up the rear end by the fender and just sorta slide the stands under with my foot.

Registered
2021 Honda CMX1100 DCT
The snap jack is good and will use it on a road.. But much prefer my Baxley Chock and Pitbull Rear Lift I have in the garage at home ..

21 - 32 of 32 Posts