Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2022 1100 DCT
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Or maybe jackstand or jackstands? I have a rear tire stand but of course our bikes don't have spools. And I don't wanna remove muffler! I have a floor jack and jackstands already.
Thanks

· Registered
728 Posts
ditto center stand on my 1100 dct,, i know that don't answer your q, but maybe the idea might help

· Registered
728 Posts

· Registered
1,309 Posts
rws and myself use a small bottle jack under end of right swing arm while 1100 is resting on the kickstand. I put a 2x4 under the stand, turn the forks all the way left and jack up the rear using the jack under the end of the swing arm. Less than 8 minutes to jack, clean, oil, wipe, clean tire when chain needs oiled.

when I changed the rear tire recently I jacked up the rear end with the same jack and put small jack stands under both sides. Lots of posts on chain maintenance. Use the search function to see pictures. Oiling the chain out of the road can be done by simply rolling the bike on flat surface and spraying a section at a time. I have a link painted white which helps to tell when I have done 1 round of the chain.

· Registered
51 Posts
I put a 2x4 under the stand, turn the forks all the way left and jack up the rear using the jack under the end of the swing arm. Less than 8 minutes to jack, clean, oil, wipe, clean tire when chain needs oiled.
Exact practice I use to clean and oil chain, go slow. You only need a 1/4” ground clearance on the rear tire.
Done in < 10 minutes.
Billy

· Registered
1,170 Posts
visuals...

Reactions: billnoroville

· Registered
1,410 Posts
Or maybe jackstand or jackstands? I have a rear tire stand but of course our bikes don't have spools. And I don't wanna remove muffler! I have a floor jack and jackstands already.
Thanks
I use a piece of 3/4" board under the kickstand and place a scissors jack under the swing arm cross member to lift the rear wheel off the ground to lube the chain. You will have to use ZipTie to lock the front brake level so the bike does not drift forward. Yhis is the only pic I have and it is not very clear.
Motor vehicle Automotive tire Automotive design Hood Automotive lighting

· Premium Member
92 Posts
I use a JFG Racing wheel lift (jack) with my Rebel 1100 while traveling. It works well but it has to be adjusted fairly well then there is a little practice needed. It is small and lightweight but it only lifts the wheel about 1/2" off the ground, which is plenty for oiling the chain. At home I use a small hydraulic jack under the cross member as KennyG does. "On The Rebel" 11 has a video on youtube showing how to use one similar to mine. The one I use has an upgrade available. They sell for $28 on Amazon.

Motorcycle Rear Wheel Stand

On The Rebel 11 Portable Stand

· Registered
19 Posts
Thanks
I have a wheel chock for the front wheel which keeps the bike upright and steady and use a scisor jack on the right side of the swing arm. Easy, steady and quick.

· Registered
697 Posts
I have one on my 500 but I can’t even begin to lift it. What’s the trick?
I KNOW what you're sayin!!
Get a friend to come over to hold the bars for extra safety then really put your weight into it, after a few tries you'll have the hang of it. I always think mine is going to fall over to the right just before the right foot catches it.

· Registered
21 Posts
Amazon about $37.00 IIRC
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Vehicle
made of Aluminum with brass screw bushings on machine threads. Weighs @1 pound.
for home I use PITBULL paddock stands.

Attachments

· Registered
1,170 Posts
Reactions: Kenny G
1 - 20 of 32 Posts