Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
should be any bike with California emissions (ie-50 state carb legal bike) if you have a 49 state emissions model-as I do-then you should NOT be getting the notice.

·
Registered
814 Posts
should be any bike with California emissions (ie-50 state carb legal bike) if you have a 49 state emissions model-as I do-then you should NOT be getting the notice.
That's a negative. They seem to be recalling all of them. The difference being in California you can't get the bike registered without it. In other states they are still sending recalls saying it may not pass inspection without it.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I got one here in California last week. Took it in and was done in about an hour and a half. I haven’t noticed any differences since getting it done, I didn’t notice anything out of the ordinary before getting it done either, seems to run the same.

·
Registered
789 Posts
shorty, unless it's worded differently than when Nate told us about it months ago, I still think it's the CA -50 state emission model, because it has the evap canister. the models without the Evap hoses/canister would have nothing to replace/recall.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Im just going by the fact I got the recall and shouldn't have a CA bike as i live on the east coast. Also i was under the impression they all had an evap system.

·
Registered
789 Posts
any dealer can by a 50 state emissions model, regardless of location. some might choose to buy and sell the 49 state model, as its referred in the manual. which is what i have. i can take a close up pic of the chain area, but i'm sure there are plenty on here, and you can tell there is no canister installed in that location. in the manual page 132 -specifications, shows curb weights for different models.

·
Registered
789 Posts
i was gonna list the model codes from the service manual but it won't load at the moment, and i don't feel like fooling with it, but i'm sure you get the idea from the prev post. :)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts