Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got home from a ride yesterday and hung my shoulder bag on the handlebar while I took jacket and boots off.

So any guesses what happened?

Saw something on the bike this morning and couldn't figure out what it was.

Then I put 2 and 2 together and went and checked my bag :crying:

It's only a crap bag but that melted nylon was stuck like epoxy. Even heating the pipes to 200ºC didn't make any difference so I scrapped it off best I could.

Hmmmmmm, maybe that exhaust wrap isn't such a bad idea.

<jokin>

·
Registered
138 Posts
I recently picked up some take out for dinner with the same method but I just had a small tote bag so it didn't reach anything. The bag was practically sideways at speed but the food didn't go all over the place so I'm counting it as a win!

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I've had some plastic bags on the handle par a couple of times, but always on the left side due to the throttle. But never any thing like this. Shame :/
I do believe with time it will become more crisp, and should eventually come off.

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Jim,

Wait until that pipe goes through a couple of heat and cooling cycles and a wooden stick will probably scrape the hardened plastic off without much damage to the pipe.

I know for a fact on chrome and stainless steel pipes you can use oven cleaner to remove baked on plastic, but I am not sure about the coating on our pipes.

Good Luck,

Kenny G

1 - 5 of 5 Posts