Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking to get my full licence this year and have begun looking at bikes. I love the 500 Rebel but even just sitting on it I felt it was too low for me. I'm 5'8 with a 31" inside leg. How have you got on with it if you are the same height or taller? Has anyone put a different seat on to make gain a couple of inches? Seeing other threads the comfort of the original seat is now also worrying me.

Thanks
Nyki

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Trousers Vehicle

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
yes there are other posts and threads in here about that very topic. I took mine to an upholsterer to raise it 2 inches and be more comfy

·
Premium Member
2021 Rebel 1100 DCT
80 Posts
Hi

I am looking to get my full licence this year and have begun looking at bikes. I love the 500 Rebel but even just sitting on it I felt it was too low for me. I'm 5'8 with a 31" inside leg. How have you got on with it if you are the same height or taller? Has anyone put a different seat on to make gain a couple of inches? Seeing other threads the comfort of the original seat is now also worrying me.

Thanks
Nyki

View attachment 36035

Welcome to the group! As Odin said, there are a lot of threads on seat height and aftermarket seats. Several people took the factory seat to a local upholstery shop and had it bulked up. I opted for a Corbin seat which is normally an 1-1/2 higher and I asked them to add an extra 1inch to the front. 7 weeks and $700 I got this:

Tire Wheel Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

Corbin has lots of options as to design, color, height, stitching, Front & Rear backrests, and even a heated version. They will even customize it to your individual body if you bring the bike and your body to their northern california factory. I went with the basic black.
Good luck on whatever you choose.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Fab thanks, I did have a quick look but it found ones around comfort not height. Can I ask how tall you are?

·
Premium Member
2021 Rebel 1100 DCT
80 Posts
Fab thanks, I did have a quick look but it found ones around comfort not height. Can I ask how tall you are?
I'm 5'8" with a 30" inseam. Another option you may want to consider are forward pegs. Lets you stretch out a little.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Based on picture, you're like me, and all I can say after 50kkms, it is doable. My seat is raised by local upholsterer for maybe one inch. And I have many over 700kms days in saddle. But as always, YMMV

·
Registered
2017 Rebel 500 Black
945 Posts
I have the same i/s leg and find the seat height ok for me. However, I did later fit a pad to flatten the seat for comfort. The height is good for manoeuvring it around.

·
Registered
160 Posts
I tried using a cushion for greater height, but when I got off, I was still short :(

·
Super Moderator
1,026 Posts
I had an upholsterer add an inch and changed the materiel.
I’m 6’3 & I noticed no difference in the extra height, but slightly more comfortable.

·
Registered
2019 Rebel 500
103 Posts
Part of the appeal of the Rebel is the very low seat height. You can get an inch or 2 with a new seat, but even then its still much lower than others. If you're looking for a great looking bike with a higher seat you should at least consider the XSR-700. I believe the seat height on it is nearly 33"

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
561 Posts
I am 6' 3" with a 33" inseam. I have the same issue. I think I will get the cushion bulked up about an inch.

·
Registered
327 Posts
Usually its a tall person looking to fit into a short seat height Rebel.
If that's you in the picture, I dont see the problem.
The whole idea is to have the seat low and your feet in front if you.

·
Registered
1,337 Posts
I have had a local upholstery shop increase the height of my seat by 3 inches with additional foam. I also had them add a gel pad and a new vinyl cover with red diamond stitching.
At the time I had the seat done I owned a red Rebel 500. I don't think the red stitching looks too bad with the blue fuel tank. I can now ride at least a full tank of gas without getting off the Rebel. The seat is welcomed by my 6'+ height.
Hood Automotive lighting Automotive design Automotive tire Motor vehicle

Kenny G

·
Registered
2021 Rebel 500
561 Posts
I have had a local upholstery shop increase the height of my seat by 3 inches with additional foam. I also had them add a gel pad and a new vinyl cover with red diamond stitching.
At the time I had the seat done I owned a red Rebel 500. I don't think the red stitching looks too bad with the blue fuel tank. I can now ride at least a full tank of gas without getting off the Rebel. The seat is welcomed by my 6'+ height.
Kenny G
Damn nice looking seat. You are very kind to your bum!

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi

Thanks
Nyki

View attachment 36035
I have a Rebel 500 and
Damn nice looking seat. You are very kind to your bum!
They did a nice job on your seat 👍 It looks goood.

·
Registered
2017 CMX500A, 2020 BMW R1250RS
5 Posts
At the time I had the seat done I owned a red Rebel 500. I don't think the red stitching looks too bad with the blue fuel tank. I can now ride at least a full tank of gas without getting off the Rebel. The seat is welcomed by my 6'+ height. View attachment 36039
Kenny G
Would you do a couple of other views of the seat to get a better idea of the overall look? TIA

·
Registered
2017 CMX500A, 2020 BMW R1250RS
5 Posts
Kenny G -

Would you do a couple of other views of the seat to get a better idea of the overall look? TIA[/QUOTE]

·
Registered
28 Posts
Kenny G. they did a nice job on your seat. My 2022 Rebel 1100 is still at the dealer. Before picking it up I'm waiting for the Honda heated grips to come in. It sounds like the heated grips are in short suppy. Before I do any mods on the seat I want to log in some miles on the Rebel. Someone told me that the 1100 is 1"taller seat than the Rebel 500.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

1 - 20 of 24 Posts