Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if there has been any rumors about what if anything Honda may be thinking about in 2019 for the Rebel 300 and 500?

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Honda makes very few if any changes from year to year except color.
I'm expecting at least some changes made to the Rebel in the future. If not by 2019, then at least by 2020, seeing as there are some slight issues with the bike.
The speedo issue has been sorted out, but you still have the back fender issue with the friction, the recall for one of the breather tubes was it? Not sure if that's a thing in the past yet.
Many have issue with premature burnout of the headlight bulb, and the indicators as well, which Honda was looking into last I heard.
So there are some things to tidy up on.
Even if it's a Honda, it's not hard to see that the Rebel was made cheap in some aspects.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
Apart from all the functional issues, will there be any cosmetic changes or upgrades within the next two years.
Haven't caught any info on that aspect, thus far.
And in my opinion, I don't think we can expect any changes made on that part either.
The Rebel was made to be changed and played with, so why would they make an effort doing anything different with it now? It wouldn't make sense, it would basically just be money out the window for Honda at this point.
No, Honda delivered what they said they would, a blank canvas.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Knowing Honda, they will probably stop making it in 2019 and then reboot it in seven years. I'm not sore about the VFR...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
715 Posts
Anyone know release dates?
Honda put out the same Rebel 250 with only color changes for 30 years. Don't expect any changes for quite a while. You can expect that at some point the left over 2018's might come down in price to make way for the 2019's.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
2019's are hitting showrooms- apparently

I see that the 2019's are hitting showrooms, and much like many have said NOTHING has changed but maybe a color option.
So...I am now looking for bargains on a 2018 ABS 500 so will see. I am hoping my 2015 Rebel 250 with just 2600 miles on it will bring me $2,000 trade. I see one dealer about 3 hours away from me has a 2018 500 ABS for 5898 before the $330 destination fee. Thin they told me their OTD price was like $6417.00. So will see! 0:)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts