Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Done less than 4000 mls on my stock Dunflops and very close to the limit of wear already.
Really don’t like them as they follow every groove in the road surface and the bike wobbles when I cross the central white line in the road.
Can’t decide which to buy next .Obviously want better mileage but also want to avoid the groove following and be decent in the wet. Ok I am asking a lot but maybe it’s possible.
So I would like to hear what people are using and are happy with , and see if any one tyre stands out.
What have you got and are they good or bad ?

·
Registered
345 Posts
Yes, when wears out, those Dunlops do such things (I'm on third bike with those tires- two Yamaha Virago 250 and now Rebel, well over 70000kms in total!). When new, they're very nice, but after 5000kms or so slowly become complete different animals. I'm now on Michelins and will see if they will approve price difference vs handling and longevity.

·
Registered
274 Posts
I fit Bridgestone tyres on all my bikes . The softest ones I can get .Am only after good grip in wet and great handling in dry . And I replace them when 6 years old and usually plenty of tread left and still grip well

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
I have about 500 miles on my new Michelin Commander II tires and I am satisfied with them.

I noticed for the first couple days the foot print is larger than the Dunflops. After a couple of days I was used to it.

kenny G

·
Registered
136 Posts
Six years. Soft rubber. Tread left. I'm going to take a guess that you don't commute!
I fit Bridgestone tyres on all my bikes . The softest ones I can get .Am only after good grip in wet and great handling in dry . And I replace them when 6 years old and usually plenty of tread left and still grip well
Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
167 Posts
I'm on Shinko 777s. Softer than the Dunlops and grippier. I'm happy with the handling and ride. I know they probably won't last as long as the Dunlops but they're a little less expensive and it's a trade I'm willing to make to have tyres that hold on. Oh, and they don't follow lines/cracks in the road.

·
Registered
345 Posts
How good in the wet RupertC
Since I'm not very brave rider in wet, I'd say, for me it's same as with dunlops. This summer wife and I was again on Stelvio pass, and day two we're caught by heavy rain and guess what, it flies down to Bormio, we're even faster that day before on dry road:surprise: with no issue at all. And wife have had Dunlops at the end of threads on her Yamaha on that trip! So, for me from now on, only thing that matter is longevity and if Michelins would not go well past 15000kms, I will go back to Dunlops (on OEM Dunlops I got 12000kms service life- I coud squeze out of them maybe 2000more if I wouldn't have 3000+kms ride aheadof me).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts