Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
As for pricing, European products tends to have prices much higher than Asian products, so decision where to buy is solely on buyer, and as me being European, and see how quality of our product rapidly decreases, I would be mad if I would buy expensiver product if I know that quality is there-there.
Good example are our aftermarket levers; a friend mechanic told me that I would be mad if I would buy levers for hundred+ Euro, when he saw mine and price I paid for.
Soooo, you buy whichever thing you like-prefer- could afford...

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you buy from within the EU there are no import taxes. Thailand goods appear cheaper but with import taxes there isn't so much difference to EU products.

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
If you buy from within the EU there are no import taxes. Thailand goods appear cheaper but with import taxes there isn't so much difference to EU products.
Yeah, um, no..
At least for Norway, that ain't true. Here you'll get taxed for just about anything and everything, regardless of what and where from..
Outside EU however, they are somewhat, what should we call it..? More flexible?
Latest purchase from Thailand reached me tax free, due to their flexibility.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yup, Hepco&Becher crashbars, bought from Slovenian importer, so no aditional costs, except delivery, everything for a tad lower than 200€.
Nice product, fits good, you need to unbolt 3 bolts, two are reusable, rearone you've got in kit. It's like ten minutes job0:)Maybe, for us, "smaller" people, pipe which is going to rear end, is little bit too close to legs, but on other hand, it is not the first moto with this kind of "problem", so this is absolutely no deal breaker for me:grin2:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
1,655 Posts
I'm curious to as why you've got this crashbar?
Have ofc seen it before, and still don't really see the point of it, since it's huging the engine. So in the event of going down, it's not really protecting anything at all.
So yeah, what's your thought behind getting this?

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I'm curious to as why you've got this crashbar?
Have ofc seen it before, and still don't really see the point of it, since it's huging the engine. So in the event of going down, it's not really protecting anything at all.
So yeah, what's your thought behind getting this?
Hmmm, for look, maybe also protection- radiator looks pretty exposed in eventually going down. And from one picture from here, even gas reservoar could get hit... Ok, I'm not such novice rider, that I would need that gadget, but, year ago, with Yamaha I hit a deer and went down:|. Ok I managed to slow down significaly, but still crashed with aproximately 50kph. And those bars are wide enough to protect vital parts if that scenario occurs again. And you must keep in mind, that this bike would probably ride wife, too so it's kinda must:grin2:

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hmmm, for look, maybe also protection- radiator looks pretty exposed in eventually going down. And from one picture from here, even gas reservoar could get hit... Ok, I'm not such novice rider, that I would need that gadget, but, year ago, with Yamaha I hit a deer and went down:|. Ok I managed to slow down significaly, but still crashed with aproximately 50kph. And those bars are wide enough to protect vital parts if that scenario occurs again. And you must keep in mind, that this bike would probably ride wife, too so it's kinda must:grin2:
You don't hit to many deer in Oz but we have Roos and wombats. Sadly a guy died yesterday hitting a feral pig. crash bars didn't help he flipped over the handlebars.
I like the look of the bars and see the value for a low speed impact.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I totally agree with you, all these gadgets are more for look, they will do the job at lower speeds or standstill, but if you involved in some serious havary, then let God help you.
On the other hand, wife's BMW F650CS have had bars concept exactly the same, hit tarmac extremly violently three times and other than foot controls went away, no damage to frame and motor, ok, wheels and other perifery were toast. And when I take crash bars off that bike and bolted it to another bike, it was bolt on on that bike like those bars were new:surprise: And remember, here we're talking speeds in range 80-90 kph
And in the end, crashed bike is now on road again!!!:surprise:

·
Registered
306 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I don't spend money on useless accessories unless they tremendously improve the function or appearance of my bikes.

Kenny
Ha, good one:laugh:, but with bikes, we all are not rational, here, in my climates, riding season is hardly more than half year long, tires- not lasting long, expensive, now, go figure. Then riding gear, gas, services, huuh, better I stop here (otherwise I will stop riding:frown2:)
At least, with insurance here we are a lot ahead of you0:). So it's not so bad, if I spent some coins on bling factor...

1 - 20 of 56 Posts