Honda Rebel 300, 500, & 1100 Forum banner

Another New Rider with a New Bike

1K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  Bonzo_1116 
#1 · (Edited)
Not new to two wheels, but new to motorized ones.

Just looking to learn more about my bike and riding.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
That is a move up for riding. The 300 will get you into motorcycles to see if you like them and want to ride motorcycles. Hopefully you get to do it for fun and not transportation to work. You need time to get acquainted.

Have you taken or plan to take any motorcycle riding courses? Well worth the time. Just like on a bicycle, cars are your biggest problem for safety.

if you can find a big empty parking lot nearby for practicing would be good too if no gravel.

Welcome aboard. Best of luck getting up to speed. There are many other new riders that came here just after getting their Rebel/

#9 ·
I took the class by Twysted Throttle at Biggs in San Marcos and the lab time was in Carlsbad.

I'm riding every other day, just working on building muscle memory and getting practice.

I'm still shocked at how much impact the wind has at higher speeds. I see youtubes and reports of very high speeds with the 300, but it seems like 60 is probably her max for a long ride. And right now, I am fine with that.

#14 ·
Ortega Highway over the hill to the 15 is essentially a freeway at this point...and it's a moderate Twisty(TM) full of commuters. If I was on a 300 I'd do the Coast Road as far as I could go and then pop through Camp Pendleton where the bicyclists go and stay in the slow lane for that stretch.

But to be fair, the 395 in north county San Diego is a nice ride.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.