Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I’ve had off from work this week and finally had time to start this project. In all it took about 2 hours or so. Spent about $80 all together. I’ve got to thank the one and only Kenny G for the help. I used a 1/8 inch steel plate for the support. Took the most time to cut the peices I needed as I only had a hack saw to work with. Bought all the hardware from ace because they had a better selection then Home Depot. Used a black nylon washer in between the can and fender so the can didn’t sit against the bike. Was thinking about painting them black but I kind of like how the green looks on the black. So for now they stay green. Anyway check out the pics. Sorry it’s raining out today so I had to take the pics in the shed. I can post some better pics when it’s not raining. And thanks again the Kenny for the help.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Blondie,

It is a good idea to be able to lock the ammo cans. I carry my GPS in my ammo can and I think I will buy a lock kit for it.

Thanks,

Kenny G

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
Those cans do suit the Rebel, but the Rebel of my mates, his wife complains whilst trying to straddle them.
Twizz,

The reason I only have the ammo can on the right hand side of my Rebel is because of what the one mounted on the left side did to my knee.
OUCH!

Kenny G

1 - 7 of 7 Posts