Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there!

I picked up my Rebel today, was a nice and enjoyable ride back home, but it left me thinking about the exhaust.

I got the Rebel as a replacment bike after my accident just over a week ago, I wrote off my Harley Street 750. Now the Harley has a Remus slipon exhaust with the baffle removed and made quite a nice loud roar, very different to the Rebel.

So this got me thinking about where in the UK I can get a decent aftermarket exhaust, that has the option to remove the baffle. Also wondering what the community would chose and which pipes are the loudest Rebel pipes?

So please help me! Where (please post links!) can I get a good slipon echaust that has removable baffles? Also which are considered the loudest / best for the Rebel?

Cheers!

·
Registered
814 Posts
Is there a performance gain with these, or just different sound?
There is basically none or very little performance change due to the fact the Rebel 500 still has the cat installed before the slip on. To get a performance gain you would need basically a full exhaust and an engine tune.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the Remus salvageable? Maybe shop around for a fabricator to get it hooked up to the Rebel
I wish it was, no, the entire bike has been claimed by my insurance company. I'm pretty sure the Remus had a fair bit of damage to it too.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

flyinbrianbmx - Thanks for the tip, I managed to track down one of these and have it ordered, they seems to be sold out most places (prob due to the crazy low price!)

Going to have a long hard thing about LED headlight, indicators (not orange casing!!!) and maybe a headlight cowl simmular to the Harley Street 750 / some of the Harley Dyna's.

Probably going to remove he pillion pegs and seat too, this is a one man bike I'm afraid :)

·
Registered
60 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b8Tw9NzsLf8

flyinbrianbmx - Thanks for the tip, I managed to track down one of these and have it ordered, they seems to be sold out most places (prob due to the crazy low price!)

Going to have a long hard thing about LED headlight, indicators (not orange casing!!!) and maybe a headlight cowl simmular to the Harley Street 750 / some of the Harley Dyna's.

Probably going to remove he pillion pegs and seat too, this is a one man bike I'm afraid :)
Would you sell your seat and passenger pegs? :wink2:

·
Registered
527 Posts
Still waiting on the oem bracket that holds it in place to come in the mail, so haven't ridden with it yet.
I ask because i put it on there and fired it up just to see what it sounds like at idle and was shocked how much louder it was than the coffman, which is a quarter it's length.
Thought it might be because of an exhaust leak by not using the gasket, but might just be the nature of the TBR. Haven't heard it on the 500, but on the 300 it's one mean sounding exhaust. Everyone who owns one on this forum is dead right, you can't judge the sound of these based on computer speakers. Completely different sound in person.

The quick recording I took of mine sounds like there's a bit of raspiness when you rev it, but in person it's non existent.

·
Registered
44 Posts

Probably going to remove he pillion pegs and seat too, this is a one man bike I'm afraid /forum/images/smilies/smile.gif
is that with the baffler on or off it?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I agree with Shorty. Before I decided to go with the TBR, I had also been comparing several aftermarket exhausts for my Rebel and the TBR clearly has the best sound IMHO. But yeah, the price is kinda expensive for a slip-on but I honestly think it's still worth it considering TBR must have done some R&D for that slip-on to fit exclusively for the rebel.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts