Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I add those mini crash bars today. I like the look it gives my bike, I am not sure of the pouches that come with the bars. I do like the bigger pouch because it is perfect for carrying my battery tender when I go to the shore for days or a week. I also painted them with plasti-dip and high temp matte clear paint, I prefer the matte finish rather than the gloss.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
46 Posts
Dolphin, I was looking at these crash bars too with the 'convenient pouches' as well. I would like to eventually find a way to put highway pegs on them. Do you think these bars would work with some type of aftermarket footpeg mod? Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Hiya Makani2018, I have these very same crush bars and also looked at that possibility, Im afraid I found the bars to be mounted too high up to comfortably ride with high pegs on them, the riding position would be too awkward.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Dolphin, I was looking at these crash bars too with the 'convenient pouches' as well. I would like to eventually find a way to put highway pegs on them. Do you think these bars would work with some type of aftermarket footpeg mod? Thanks!
I think you absolutely can put highway pegs on them.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
I am thinking with the GIVI bars you would be able to adapt something to fit on where the lower fastener holds the crash bars to the Rebel. You could use SAE Grade 8 hardened bolts and attach the pegs onto the bolts.

Kenny G

1 - 9 of 9 Posts