Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I added a crash bar I bought off Amazon. It doesn’t have enough room for the radiator protector (stock or my custom one).

The way it mounts on the engine bar also doesn’t sit right with me, it is a little loose. So it will get a TON of vibration and leave a mark on that bar.

·
Registered
2019 Honda Rebel 500
34 Posts
Vibrates? Return it. I got one on eBay that shipped from Thailand. And it's been used already. Got to remember to put that kickstand down.

·
Registered
343 Posts
The loose fit to the bikes frame down tubes is an easy fix.

Did you use the rubber stripping to wrap around the down tubes to cushion and protect it from the crash bars scratching it?

If you did and it still has a loose fit after tightening up the bolts snugly you'd have to take the spacers out and shorten them up slightly so the bolts can clamp the bars u-shaped mount a little more.

As far as the front bar not allowing use of radiator screen how much more space do you need to make it fit? Got some more pictures to show the spacing it has now? If it doesn't need much I can PM you how I would fix it.

It's too bad it doesn't fit properly for you...if you don't want to monkey around making the bar fit simply return it to Amazon for a replacement or refund.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the reply.

I did use the rubber wrap on the bar, but it still has a little wiggle. I am thinking about taking out the spacers and grinding them down with a dremel to make them maybe 1mm smaller, I think it would get a tighter fit.

The radiator needs about 2mm more space. As it is right now the guard was touching the bar that goes across the front (both corners were hitting). I thought about trying to grind it down so it sits closer to the radiator, one day this week I will line it up and take some more pics of it.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I believe I have the exact same bars and yeah that downtube clamp isn't tight but I found no vibrations or noise at all.
As I said before, I wanted T-rex but they are never in-stock.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe I have the exact same bars and yeah that downtube clamp isn't tight but I found no vibrations or noise at all.
As I said before, I wanted T-rex but they are never in-stock.
I don't have any noise. But putting my foot on it while riding there is definitely vibration, its a Honda. :)

And the T-Rex seem to always be out of stock. I may keep these on for the spring while teaching the daughter, and then take them off.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I don't have any noise. But putting my foot on it while riding there is definitely vibration, its a Honda. :)

And the T-Rex seem to always be out of stock. I may keep these on for the spring while teaching the daughter, and then take them off.
It is FAR too close to my feet to put highway pegs on it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts