Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the idea was to make the Rebel Customizable. But I still haven't been able to find much as far as pricing on even the simplest accessories.
My wife rides as my passenger so the first thing I will have to buy for the bike is likely going to be the rear seat and pegs. Has anyone seen pricing on these yet?

·
Registered
176 Posts
Honda might not be ready to release pricing on accessories yet but if you were to ask some dealers, odds are they can provide some insight. For now its just a waiting game. Plus with how open they were to letting people on these at all the shows so far, pricing release should be right around the corner.

What accessories were you interested in?

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Honda might not be ready to release pricing on accessories yet but if you were to ask some dealers, odds are they can provide some insight. For now its just a waiting game. Plus with how open they were to letting people on these at all the shows so far, pricing release should be right around the corner.

What accessories were you interested in?
I need the rear seat, and I want the headlight grill cover.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Nice.

So far i'm planning to get the windscreen and have it tinted. Going for an all black theme starting with a Black ABS.

·
Registered
204 Posts
A satin black finish would look great. Complimenting it with gloss black accents or something to break it up a bit. Unfortunately I wasn't able to measure how big the headlamps are to see if there were even some universal offerings for it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Well, tint film is just one option. You can wrap the entire thing in black vinyl wrap = problem solved.

Anyone willing to take this up will have a fun weekend project on their hands...

for reference (although not a great one):

·
Registered
204 Posts
I think the tint may be easier to do, but vinyl should be roughly around the same thing. Shouldn't be too difficult at all either.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My plan, as it is right this minute, is to get a 500 ABS and do some mild mods. First is taller rear shocks or riser mounts, depending on what can be had and the price. Then I will do some vinyl wrap on the tank and rear fender, perhaps some other parts too. Something bright! Maybe I will go yellow or red or better yet orange. The exhaust is akward looking so I would change that but probably not until there is a good one available. I will need some sort of cargo carrying ability but I have no clue what I want there. A top box would ruin the looks but not sure side bags/boxes would be big enough. I might need to moddify the handlebar but I won't know there until I ride one. I have a feeling that it might be cramped with such a low bar and the feet mid position. I am open to other parts/mods but will have to see what comes to market and see what others do.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I honestly am considering Plasti Dip to make the tank and rear fender Satin Black. Probably the easiest way.

Apparently Honda is having some problem with some of their Accessories. They are making a tank pad and metal plate accessories to add some chrome to the bike. For some reason they decided to use double sided tape to apply them. And the people who bought the bike with those accessories have them falling off now.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Plasti-dipping would definitely be the easiest way, there's also autodip that you could take a look at which I've heard gives you a much better finish.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Only downside to dipping is the limited range of colors, vinyl wrapping opens you up to so many more colors that in the end can look like factory paint.

Not all that hard to do either:

Perfect for a Gulf theme :)

·
Registered
204 Posts
Thankfully with that GS it could be done in multiple pieces which makes life drastically easier. With me and my fumbly hands, I doubt I would be able to do a Rebel tank all in one piece with the curves and what not.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Thankfully with that GS it could be done in multiple pieces which makes life drastically easier. With me and my fumbly hands, I doubt I would be able to do a Rebel tank all in one piece with the curves and what not.
Great excuse for finding somewhere to go tricolor in a subtle way. Not as easy to do that on the rebel but with how much of a blank canvas the tank is, there's a lot of ways someone can get creative.

here's a tricolor honda for inspriation...

·
Registered
204 Posts
That's always a good route to go too but I think seeing the ridges would bother me. I'd rather get something like that painted.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I think you should be able to install a wrap in one piece over the tank. That stuff can stretch over the tank without too many problems. What I'd like to get is the rear luggage rack.

·
Registered
814 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
I think you should be able to install a wrap in one piece over the tank. That stuff can stretch over the tank without too many problems. What I'd like to get is the rear luggage rack.
Yea I just wish they would actually release some information for the accessories. They site has pictures of a few accessories but no details or prices anywhere. The bikes are set to release in less than a month and I can't find anywhere to get anything for it. The dealer still doesn't have any information. I want to get a rear seat at the minimum when I buy the bike.

I am hoping they start releasing some information soon. I have seen pics all over the web for aftermarket parts, and yet not one site I find sells anything for it.
Obviously with the bike not out yet, it isn't a huge deal. But I just hope that stuff is at least available next month when it comes out.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts