Honda Rebel 300 & 500 Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you have original accesory, then fuse is in light bucket (extremly tight fit!), rated at 1ampere!!! I rewired it direct to switched power (described somewhere here, but requiring to dig into original harness- don't do it if you're not familiar with such job!), fitted with 7,5 A fuse...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Light bucket- cover for front light; there lies socket for for this port and fuse is incorporated into harness of acessory socket, simple as that. As for foto, you have write down on lid, for what circuit is each fuse.

·
Registered
436 Posts
OK, here we go, if you buy original socket, it will look like this. Aditional harness is circled in red, fuse holder for that socket, circled in blue and is rated at 1 ampere! And from where comes wire that feeds that connector I don't know.
That clear enough?

Attachments

·
Registered
396 Posts
Here is an image of what my fuse panel says.
The OP indicates optional accessory plug that leads to the headlight bucket. Your pigtail looks like it may have been added on later maybe by the dealer. If that's the case it's hard to say which fuse it leads to. Can you trace it to where it is tied in and see what color wire it's tapped into? I would try a test light or multimeter on the ends of the plug then pull the OP fuse to see if they tapped into the Option line.

·
Registered
8 Posts
If you have original accesory, then fuse is in light bucket (extremly tight fit!), rated at 1ampere!!! I rewired it direct to switched power (described somewhere here, but requiring to dig into original harness- don't do it if you're not familiar with such job!), fitted with 7,5 A fuse...
Where is the description you mentioned?

·
Registered
527 Posts
I have the accessory power socket from Honda with the 1 amp fuse. Fuse blows when trying to charge phone (pulls 3.1 amp). What size fuse should I use?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
436 Posts
If you can get 5A fuse, go with it, would not go with 7,5A, because it appears to be fuse in fuse block, which drives that accesory port,is also rated at 7,5 amps (not exactly sure about that).

·
Registered
396 Posts
Thanks. Ended up getting a 5amp fuse. Works great now.

So just to be clear, you have the OEM Honda accessory outlet installed and plugged into the spare/aux connector in the headlight bucket. This is already protected with a 7.5 amp fuse at the fuse block under the seat. Was there an additional inline 1 amp fuse in the installed outlet assembly that kept blowing?

·
Registered
527 Posts
So just to be clear, you have the OEM Honda accessory outlet installed and plugged into the spare/aux connector in the headlight bucket. This is already protected with a 7.5 amp fuse at the fuse block under the seat. Was there an additional inline 1 amp fuse in the installed outlet assembly that kept blowing?
Correct. There was an additional in line fuse that came with the own Honda accessory outlet, which had a 1amp fuse.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yes, true that, this 1A fuse is located in light bucket (very impractical) and carry spare 1A fuse as well.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts